Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

· Registered
12,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you have an IPad? I never thought there would be much use for it business wise, except as a nice photo album.
I have been debating getting one, was waiting for the IPhone to become available next month:thumbup:.

I spent all day today at an "IPad Summit" for school today and was blown away by all the possibilities! Here is a copy of the agenda. While a lot of it is educational stuff, scroll down to the productivity section. There are tons of links and tips.

· PinheadsUnite
30,726 Posts
I know a technically addicted couple who just HAD TO HAVE an iPad. He sold it after a few weeks. Just didn't think it was such a must have after all.

Another couple at the table said they are great for travelers who read - all those books taking up so much less room and weight.

My technically unaware brother (who is easily addicted to TV, and therefore does not own one) has been sucked into that little screen for hours.

My jury is still out. I'm still weighing all the evidence - and there is a lot of it, both pro and con.

· Registered
5,187 Posts
My thought is they really came out with it too early.I'm really looking for the next Iphone because the last one was kind of a let down, I have the 3sg and it does just about the same as the new one. I just think Apple is under the gun and wanting to make something happen before it's time.

· Registered
12,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I agree Bill, and that is how I felt, figured an IPhone would be enough for me. But after seeing some of the stuff I saw today, just got me thinking about it again! You know how I love my Mac stuff!

There is a USB, the presenter had his IPad hooked to the projector and gave a very nice presentation, going from presentation to apps to internet very smoothly.

· PinheadsUnite
30,726 Posts
I agree Bill, and that is how I felt, figured an IPhone would be enough for me. But after seeing some of the stuff I saw today, just got me thinking about it again! You know how I love my Mac stuff!
I'll let you test drive and tell me what you think :thumbup:

I do want to want one - legitimately.

· Super Moderator
9,538 Posts
For me, I think an iPad would be for fun. I would probably use it for forums, internet, e-books, etc. I do not think I would use it mainly for work.

I could see a company like GeorgeZ that was cloud based being able to use it more. But, I still think for most of us a real keyboard is essential to productivity (future generations, maybe not).

· Registered
12,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
For me, I think an iPad would be for fun. I would probably use it for forums, internet, e-books, etc. I do not think I would use it mainly for work.

I could see a company like GeorgeZ that was cloud based being able to use it more. But, I still think for most of us a real keyboard is essential to productivity (future generations, maybe not).
That is a good point, I was pretty impressed at the touch screen keyboard, and they do have Apple keyboards that are separate, and one guy had this, was pretty nice.

· Super Moderator
9,538 Posts
I guess if I had to carry a keyboard anyway, I would just carry my dell XT tablet. If I remove the 2nd battery, it is pretty light weight. Not iPad light, but it will do.

I must say though, with my new Android phone that swype feature for the keyboard is pretty nice for writing and I am guessing the ipads have something similar.

· Registered
12,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I hesitate to lug my macbook around too much because it was so expensive, and I just have too much on it, if it got stolen or damaged......
An IPad at 4-500 bucks should last 5-6 years, and if the battery dies, you send it back to Apple and for $99, they send you a new one!

· Registered
125 Posts
my daughter wanted one so I got reading about them on the net.I got her one, but want I learned is the ipad is just a Iphone without the phone.I don't know how old you are but,it seemed the general consensus was the younger generation preferred the Iphone or Ipad for what it could do,while the older ones preferred the crack berry,there is suspose to be alot more things business wise that the black berry can do.just what I hear.think it's the black berry bold that is the rage now

· Almost Gone
10,736 Posts
I asked for one for X-mas but diden't get it. I'm gonna buy one soon...right it off!!!
You sound like alot of people who talk about buying something and then trying to convince you its somehow free because you can "write it off:thumbup:"
Last time I checked, it still costs money. Buying something for you business makes sense if it helps make you money. If it don't, just realize that fact.

· Registered
5,516 Posts
Apple panders to a certain sector.."zombies" and "gotta have it without knowing why" types.

I love my winmo smartphone, it makes sense, and beats the iphone all over the place.

besides, my flow is too heavy for the ipad...lol.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.