Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After backing up my phone, I clicked on the PaintTalk app and it said something like this app is not supported by the site, contact admin.

So I deleted the app in hopes that a reinstall would work. Go to look it up in the app store, it doesn't even exist now.

What's going on??

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
If your talking about the old Paint Talk app, yes it's dead and gone. Several of us used to use it, but if it's ever uninstalled from your phone it's gone for good. Tapatalk is the only one available now as far as I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dang, I liked that app. Thought it was pretty good. I'll use Tapatalk. I don't much care for the mobile view. I don't much care for Tapatalk either but whatever.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Okay, those of you who use androids should now be able to find the previous app in the Google Play store again. We are still working on reactivating it for iOS so iPhone users, please be patient a little longer.
The tapatalk app still sucks.

I like the paint talk app over anything, especially the web browser version

·
Registered
37 Posts
Found paint talk app, installed it (twice because it wouldn't work first time) and still cant get it to work on my android.

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
It's not really like that app was so special to begin with. It had a few features, and perhaps smoother access that Tapatalk. But it was still limited.

I think I probably missed it most because of familiarity. I was used to it.

Wouldn't it be great instead of resurrecting the old app, a new one could be made that allowed access to full profiles?
We Probably don't have the traffic to justify an expenditure like that. Maybe tie it in to DIY somehow, include related sister forums?.. Idk, anything about it actually. Just rambling.

Maybe Tapatalk will get better, or us phone dummies will learn to use a browser;)

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Logging in for the first time today since the PT app vanished :( dearly miss the app, browser usuage is a PITA

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
? I use the app all the time. Way easier than trying to load images on the pc then into the forum or a 3rd party site.

It works good for me. Search function doesn't work, but oh well. Not a big deal to me.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I haven't used any "app" for anything ever. I'm just an old desktop dinosaur who is just smart enough to have installed adblocker, and this site works great for me. Of course, only while at home, because I do not possess a "smartphone."

·
Registered
5,796 Posts
SemiproJohn said:
I haven't used any "app" for anything ever. I'm just an old desktop dinosaur who is just smart enough to have installed adblocker, and this site works great for me. Of course, only while at home, because I do not possess a "smartphone."
You're a wise man. A smartphone will cut into your productivity, based on my personal experience. Lol

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
I don't know if I would have ever got into the net like I have without my phone. Up until a few years ago, I got my wife to do necessary computer stuff for me. I remember telling her I would learn to use a computer when technology improved to the point I could talk to it. I had no patience for Windows and such. Still don't for the most part.

The IOS operating system though, seemed much more user friendly to me. Opened up a whole new world, including PT.

·
Super Moderator
6,362 Posts
I don't know about the wise man part. The cheap man part, definitely!
Having a Blackberry (please... don't), I've never even considered the app because it won't work on my phone. That being said, I don't do much with my phone other than use the phone, text and email people, check the weather and sometimes the alarm clock.

I honestly just have never considered doing social media stuff like paint talk on a phone. Just seems like it'd be kind of painful due to the size of the screen.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I would love a smartphone for the high resolution picture capability (better than what I have with my phone) for before and after photos of jobs. Also, Getting a weather radar map at will would help when doing exteriors. Other than that, I'm not the type to mess with facebook, youtube videos with a phone. I can wait for my desktop for playtime.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts