Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Painting
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I purchased a Graco Magnum Pro X17 a few months ago. Used it to paint a large exterior with no problems, used a 515. then used it on an interior, again with a 515, though a new one, had no issues for 90% of the interior, then it started to finger regardless of the pressure the sprayer was set to. Then did a ceiling, same problem. Last week I Bought a whole new setup for the X17, a new hose, a Graco contractor compact spray gun with a rac x 517 tip, all brand new. Then when trying to spray the ceilings, no matter what pressure the sprayer is set to, whether low, high, or all the way up, it still fingers. Any advice would be very greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
Painting
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thin your paint a bit to make it easier for the pump to push it.
Alright. I'll try that. Another painter I know, suggested that maybe the sprayer doesn't have enough pressure for a 517/515. Said to try a 415 and see if that helps. But the sprayer is supposed to be good all the way up to a 517.

·
Registered
412 Posts
You might try a real airless

Those things at Home Depot are for Homeowners who might use them once in a while

If your going to be spraying wall paint with regularity you'll want a bigger pump

Just go deep into debt,it's the American way.

Good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts