Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
The Long Island Painter
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am David Edelman. Proud fourth generation painting contractor. I grew up in this business and went to University of Maryland for accounting and economics so I would be better prepared for the business end of this industry.
My company is Lee Decorating Corporation and it was founded by my Grandfather and Uncle 64 years ago. Both met while working as foremen for Antoval Brothers painting. They both married the Boss's daughters. When, My great grandfather Ruby Antoval passed, Lee Decorating was formed.
I served a brutal depression era style apprenticeship under my grandfather from 87-90. In 1993 I purchased the business outright.
Certifications

• EPA RRP
    • United States Environmental Protection Agency
    • License Nat-***x April 2010 to April 2015
  • BBB Acredited Busines
    • Long Island better Business Bureau
    • January 2011 to January 2012
  • Paint Contractor License
    • The office of consumer affairs - Nassau County
    • License ***xx
    • February 2010 to February 2012
  • Home Improvement Contractor License
    • Suffolk County Executives Office of Consumer Affairs
    • License ***xx
    • April 2006 to April 2012
  • Commercial/Indusrial Painting Business License
    • Suffolk County Executives Office of Consumer Affairs
    • License ****** April 2006 to April 2012
Education

University of Maryland College Park

Activities and Societies: I worked as a waiter to help pay for my schooling. It provided some of the best management training you could ask for. Thank you "Pat" from Jaspers of Greenbelt, Maryland

Currently I write a blog "The Long Island Painter" My goal is to educate the public about the value of hiring a professional painting company. Not a handyman, moonlighting cival servant or unlicensed "gypsy". Be free to copy anything I write. (though credit or linking back would be seo appreciated)Leedecorating.blog.com

I am currently a Vice President of the Nassau/Suffolk chapter of The P.D.C.A.

I plan on becoming active on this board.

·
PinheadsUnite
30,724 Posts
welcome David,

Have a son in college at Hofstra and some good paperhanging friends scattered across the island. I WAS a member of the NGPP until last year when a little disagreement arouse about the direction management and leadership was going.

Where about on the island do you call home?

·
very senior member
9,848 Posts
welcome David,

Have a son in college at Hofstra and some good paperhanging friends scattered across the island. I WAS a member of the NGPP until last year when a little disagreement arouse about the direction management and leadership was going.

Where about on the island do you call home?
tactfully stated:whistling2:

·
The Long Island Painter
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I live in Plainview and I am sure your friends know my Dad, Steve. We held a joint meeting last June with the guild. I was the featured speaker. My topic was RRP compliance and hepa vacuums and negative air machines.
Thank you all for the warm welcome.:yes:

Plainview is 10 minutes from Hofstra. My shop is 3 miles from Hofstra. Hicksville.

·
PinheadsUnite
30,724 Posts
I live in Plainview and I am sure your friends know my Dad, Steve. We held a joint meeting last June with the guild. I was the featured speaker. My topic was RRP compliance and hepa vacuums and negative air machines.
Thank you all for the warm welcome.:yes:

Plainview is 10 minutes from Hofstra. My shop is 3 miles from Hofstra. Hicksville.

I know where you are. Last time down there we stayed at the Econo-lodge
right there at the Wantaugh and Old Colony. It was in like May 1st and they were having a road race that involved ALL the roads we were going to use to get back to campus on Sunday. We made it ok by going up to the Northern and then down the Meadowbrook. I don't like driving on L.I. As my friend (and fellow hanger) Lee Epstein says, the only thing harder than getting on Island is getting off.

·
The Long Island Painter
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I know where you are. Last time down there we stayed at the Econo-lodge
right there at the Wantaugh and Old Colony. It was in like May 1st and they were having a road race that involved ALL the roads we were going to use to get back to campus on Sunday. We made it ok by going up to the Northern and then down the Meadowbrook. I don't like driving on L.I. As my friend (and fellow hanger) Lee Epstein says, the only thing harder than getting on Island is getting off.
Just had dinner with Lee @ our monthly PDCA meeting. No only did he know my Dad but also my Cousin from DC9. He is a good man.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts