Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1341 - 1360 of 1365 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Ok, this isn't ROFL funny. More like odd funny. Once you look up from the base and see what's going on there, your brow furrows, and you just scratch your head. And then you think something like "well, I'm sure there's a reason for this, but even more sure it's not a good one."

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
That looks equally as bad as some ceilings that got water damaged by one of my paper hanger subs. He had circumvented me on one of my client’s homes, working directly for my client and cut me out of the loop, only to have it come back and bite him in the a$$..

He had left his paste rollers in a 5 gallon pail located in a sink on the upper floor, leaving the water running when filling up the pail, and forgetting to turn it off when he left for the evening. The pail served as a drain stopper and the overflowing water pretty much destroyed every surface on the lower first floor beneath the wash room including the flooring.

I was first at the job-site the morning of the incident and some of the massive paint blisters on the ceilings equal in size to the photo you posted , many of which hadn’t ruptured, were completely filled with water. What a disaster that was, being it was a new & expensive luxury home. The short in it all was that a good 50% of first floor pretty much needed to be gutted back to the framing due to the water damage. I felt like it was a blessing in disguise that the paper hanger had circumvented me, being he ended up in deep doo doo over it.

1341 - 1360 of 1365 Posts