Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Current project...nothing fancy...simple color app..(BM Regal matte..made the color on-site for approval)

It's the amazing craft-personship...different than carpentry, which is seen more often, and wanted to share. It's a custom design, so molds were made...up close, I wanna cut a piece off because it echoes butter...or white chocolate..hehe

If you look close, the overall piece was designed and casted in quadrants so there's 20 quadrants. I would say it was casted in a two part hard foam. Made by JP Weaver out of Glendale, CA. They call the casting product petitson.

Chose to brush with an oval brush from orange big box..and it's performed well (Zibra)

Doing the install as well....122 inches when done...two of them, installed vertically. 136" per layout was shipped, so had to cut.
For me, its so beautiful/custom, I can't throw out the parts I had to cut yet...lol

White Light Wood Flooring Floor

Happy Weekend

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why wouldn't you spray this?
There were a number of factors that came into my decision but to keep this short, i would say brushing solved issues of working with client's perception of "spraying" alongwith where the spraying would have been executed.

Another non-painting factor was liability. These pieces were custom made and pricey and took months to get. I chose not to take them off-site.

·
Administrator
21,724 Posts
Pretty interesting item. Where was is being installed?

Reactions: thepm4
1 - 6 of 6 Posts