Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ve decided to upgrade my airless sprayer to an AAA. I don’t do a ton of fine finish work... yet. but it’s something I’d like to get more in to as time goes on. Does anyone have any insight on the kremlin 10c18? I’m spraying renner 851 2k at the moment. Will this unit push that out without thinning? Can I push any waterborne paint through this?
The sales rep tried to sell me on the 15c25 but that’s just too big of a unit for me at this time.

·
Super Moderator
Licensed General Contractor, Painting Contractor
2,115 Posts
I have the Kremlin 10C 18. I haven't used Renner's 851, but I can tell you that it doesn't have any issues with pushing more viscous materials without thinning. When in doubt, heat the product up. I'll stick a gallon of product to be heated in a 5 gallon bucket and remove the plastic ring from the lid of the fiver, then put a hair dryer on medium for a few minutes. For every increase in degree beyond 70 (F), it's approximately equivalent to 1% reduction. Most products can safely be heated up to 90 degrees F. This allows me to get the desired viscosity without sacrificing the film integrity.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
So I’ve decided to upgrade my airless sprayer to an AAA. I don’t do a ton of fine finish work... yet. but it’s something I’d like to get more in to as time goes on. Does anyone have any insight on the kremlin 10c18? I’m spraying renner 851 2k at the moment. Will this unit push that out without thinning? Can I push any waterborne paint through this?
The sales rep tried to sell me on the 15c25 but that’s just too big of a unit for me at this time.
10:1 means you get 10psi fluid for every 1 psi air. renner recommends ~1300psi to spray AAA so a 15:1 is more ideal to spray this unthinned.

·
Super Moderator
2,115 Posts
10:1 means you get 10psi fluid for every 1 psi air. renner recommends ~1300psi to spray AAA so a 15:1 is more ideal to spray this unthinned.
I can't think of many instances where a 15:1 pump wouldn't be more ideal than 10:1, so you're right, but heating the product up does enable smaller pumps to shoot products they wouldn't otherwise be able to do without thinning. Still though, I would be interested in trying their 15:1 pump if/when budget allows.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So would I be better off getting something like a Graco fine finish pro 395? Or do I spend the extra $1000 and get the kremlin 15c25?

I feel like the 15c25 is much more unit than I will need. But if it will make that much of a difference, I would consider it.

·
Super Moderator
2,115 Posts
So would I be better off getting something like a Graco fine finish pro 395? Or do I spend the extra $1000 and get the kremlin 15c25?

I feel like the 15c25 is much more unit than I will need. But if it will make that much of a difference, I would consider it.
Ask your rep if you could demo both Kremlin units and decide for yourself. Make sure you test it with the most viscous products you plan on using. If your rep knows you're serious about buying, they should be able to accommodate.

I wouldn't even consider the Finish Pro, but that's just me.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Ask your rep if you could demo both Kremlin units and decide for yourself. Make sure you test it with the most viscous products you plan on using. If your rep knows you're serious about buying, they should be able to accommodate.

I wouldn't even consider the Finish Pro, but that's just me.
I would only consider a finish pro if you are considering to also use it for general purpose spraying as an airless. Parts are also more readily availabe since it takes the same lower as a 395

1 - 7 of 7 Posts