Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

121 - 124 of 124 Posts

·
Almost Gone
10,730 Posts
I trust no acrylic or hybrid over oil, ever. Sand, Cover-Stain, then paint. I do not ever sand my Cover-Stain. I take care of sanding prior to applying primer.
Not thinking this isn't reasonable but why don't you like to sand coverstain?

·
Banned
1,752 Posts
Coverstain sands pretty nice imo. even if you sand before application your not going to get the same finish if you dont sand lightly after. I love oil primers for this reason among others, they seem to sand the best. you use a latex/ acryllic bonding primer its alot easier to burn through. With the oil theres more build up and is easier to smooth. I always sand before application, but i think the after is just as important.

·
very senior member
9,848 Posts
Just want to add, this is a wallpaper glue issue. The bes thing to do now would be scrape the loose stuff us a product called Gardz, this is a problem solving primer that I use on all my wallpaper removal projects. Repair your walls as needed, you may need to skim coat the entire wall, sand and apply another coat of the Gardz. Now you are ready for paint.

If by some chance all the crackling paint comes off, mix amonia and warm water solution and wash the walls. This should remove any wallpaper glue that was left over!:thumbup:

NOT glue

IS paste and or adhesive

121 - 124 of 124 Posts