Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading on this sight for a while. Been hesitant to post. When I finally did post I got nothing. So maybe this intro will help. I live in the upstate of South Carolina. Been painting my whole life. Running my own business for about a year and a half. Grew up painting, my dad had his own business. Worked in a locally owned Devoe Paint store for about 4 years. I also worked for another local paint contractor for a couple years doing higher end custom homes and cabinet finishing. Finally my brother and I became partners with my dad in his business and tried to help take some of the work load of him. That went along for a few years until they moved back to my home state of Michigan, which left me here. I started a new business with much of the same customer base. My wife is an interior designer which helps pick up a few extra jobs. I try to do higher end work, the mexicans do all the cheap stuff which no one can really compete against. So trying to weather the slower economy and steal as many ideas from this site as I can.

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
Thanks for the intro, that helps us a lot! I hope you are not hesitant to post anymore. Sometimes there is no response because no one who read it had anything useful to add. Sometimes it just gets missed because we are too busy arguing!;)

Welcome to the site

·
PinheadsUnite
30,724 Posts
Welcome summertime. looks like your namesake just hit the Northeast :thumbup: Finally.

And as Chris said, maybe no one had anything worthwhile (or snide :whistling2: ) to say in response to you post.

Sometimes it just gets missed because we are too busy arguing!;)
NO WE DON'T ARGUE !!!!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ya I guess no one really had anything helpful to tell me. I was impatient. After a lot of research I have found my options for a quality solid stain are very limited anyway.

Fresh coat, I am assuming your a stinkin buckeye!

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
ya I guess no one really had anything helpful to tell me. I was impatient. After a lot of research I have found my options for a quality solid stain are very limited anyway.

Fresh coat, I am assuming your a stinkin buckeye!
You know it. But, don't let that stop you from posting!!! "Stinkin buckeye", dam that hurt- OK - I am over it.

Seriously, this is a cool forum and your experience and insight will be much appreciated.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts