Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
yeah guys the wall sure doesn't need any smoothing out no hi build primer is not a worry. will sand between coats (after primer and between first and second finish coats) tho.

usually PPG 6-2, but you think PVA primer on this one?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Agree a microfiber 3/8 will leave a mirror like finish if applied right.I just got through with skimming a level 5 finish in a home and it looked like a house of mirrors using the microfiber.
also i bought a couple of the wooster micro plush 7/16" rollers, will try them with pva primer and 2 coats enamel and see how it looks this weekend

any pics of the microfiber roll final product?

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
also i bought a couple of the wooster micro plush 7/16" rollers, will try them with pva primer and 2 coats enamel and see how it looks this weekend

any pics of the microfiber roll final product?
No sorry no pics but I think you will be well pleased. You sound like me when l have a perfectly smooth finish of a skimcoat I want to keep that look throughout the painting process as well.I can't stand a lot of stipple! The smoother the look the better.On smooth walls your roller should glide with pride! :yes:

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
yeah guys the wall sure doesn't need any smoothing out no hi build primer is not a worry. will sand between coats (after primer and between first and second finish coats) tho.

usually PPG 6-2, but you think PVA primer on this one?
If permitted I like using Gardz sealer as my prime coat cause it levels out nicely and hardens up soft compounds. Provides excellent base!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts