Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recommendations for how to file a lien in Illinois? Have a commercial client who consistently pays months late :mad: and need to fix this habit. Just don't know what the process is and don't have the funds to get an attorney to assist right now so it's all on me. Thanks!

(P.S. any other advice on good contract terms regarding payment, fines for late payment, etc. would be appreciated!)

·
Registered
5,097 Posts
Paying months late is not the same as not paying. Liens would not apply. here is what I what I do with slow paying commercial customers.

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,196 Posts
Any recommendations for how to file a lien in Illinois? Have a commercial client who consistently pays months late :mad: and need to fix this habit. Just don't know what the process is and don't have the funds to get an attorney to assist right now so it's all on me. Thanks!

(P.S. any other advice on good contract terms regarding payment, fines for late payment, etc. would be appreciated!)
Aaron is right - any advice you get here will likely be worth what you paid for it.

And just to clarify, you won't "fix this habit" by filing a lien unless you consider losing this customer for good a fix. If that's all you're after then just stop doing business with them - it'll accomplish the same result and save you some time and money.

There are lots of good threads already started here about contract language - just do a search.

Reactions: aaron61
1 - 4 of 4 Posts