Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Born 2 Paint
5,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Signed up with LPQ recently. Got a text message and an email for a lead a couple days later. The customer was quite impressed with getting a call back so soon. I went out a gave my estimate, and he called about a week later accepting. That also led to a deck, some interior work, and my yard sign now posted in a high $$$ subdivision. Not to mention, the customer has several friends also intrested. Now, I know not every lead will always work out, but this one sure did. Compared to what I would spend on other marketing stratagies, I'm quite pleased with this one. :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Nice, good to hear its working out. I signed up about 5 days ago and havn't got a lead yet, I even widend my zip codes to about 30 miles. I'm in san diego so that must ad up to millions of houses. Hopfully I'll land one here in the next couple of weeks and see a little bit of that success your enjoying.

·
Born 2 Paint
5,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice, good to hear its working out. I signed up about 5 days ago and havn't got a lead yet, I even widend my zip codes to about 30 miles. I'm in san diego so that must ad up to millions of houses. Hopfully I'll land one here in the next couple of weeks and see a little bit of that success your enjoying.
Yeah thanks. Hang in there. It is a busy time for a lot of people with school letting out, etc. Do you have a website? I got a lead off my site yesterday too. Interior/Exterior.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I might be willing to spend some money with these guys if I could gain some confidence. At this point I am feeling like this is all marketing which is fine. I just cant see spending any money until I see some of the more seasoned posters here telling me about there experience.

·
Registered
Painter
2,036 Posts
I might be willing to spend some money with these guys if I could gain some confidence. At this point I am feeling like this is all marketing which is fine. I just cant see spending any money until I see some of the more seasoned posters here telling me about there experience.
After Woodlands post, I decided to try it. Just signed up yesterday... I'll post my experiences here after the ball gets rolling.

·
Registered
Painter
2,036 Posts
I got my first lead today (That was fast :blink: )

Doing the research on the home, I found it was built in 1922. Usually any home from the SE or NE parts are that old... The address gave it away. So... I called the HO to inquire about the siding and he mentions a bid he had gotten last year that tested positive for lead paint. I had to decline.

But! My next venture with LPQ is to see if they can incorporate in the "Accounts" section also to correlate with the HO questionaire something that will generate leads that include or not include homes older than 1978. Otherwise, this lead was a waste of $20. Not a bad thing, it's merely something LPQ may want to incorporate into their system.

For now, I had to remove the zip codes of my services in those areas. Which was most of Portland... I don't mind. :no:

I will keep you updated as this all unfolds.

·
CraftJack
324 Posts
I got my first lead today (That was fast :blink: )

Doing the research on the home, I found it was built in 1922. Usually any home from the SE or NE parts are that old... The address gave it away. So... I called the HO to inquire about the siding and he mentions a bid he had gotten last year that tested positive for lead paint. I had to decline.

But! My next venture with LPQ is to see if they can incorporate in the "Accounts" section also to correlate with the HO questionaire something that will generate leads that include or not include homes older than 1978. Otherwise, this lead was a waste of $20. Not a bad thing, it's merely something LPQ may want to incorporate into their system.

For now, I had to remove the zip codes of my services in those areas. Which was most of Portland... I don't mind. :no:

I will keep you updated as this all unfolds.
Glad to see you signed up! That's actually on our radar and we will probably release that feature within a month or two.

Basically you can chose if you want to service only post 1978 or not for exterior. We'll send out a notification to everyone once that's ready.

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
I got one from LPQ last week. Quoted it on Thursday. Got an email from the potential client on Friday stating they were gettings more quotes but we were her number 1 - so far. Should get an answer by tomorrow according to her email. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
At $20 a lead and you can set a limit, I find it amusing some of you are to tight to try it out. I have gotten 10 or more leads so far, havn't closed one, some real nice leads, and some crappys ones as well, Im pretty sure in the long run it will be worth it. Im sure the roi will be a positive one

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
So any plans for offering discounts to companies who buy a lot of leads? I was seriously considering training and hiring a full time sales person to handle this stuff for me so I can be free to no longer do bids and sales.

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
At $20 a lead and you can set a limit, I find it amusing some of you are to tight to try it out.
I agree, I think it is worth trying out.

I'm not concerned with the 20 bucks a lead its more to do with investing my time in chaseing the leads. I got bigger fish in the pan right now
True, the type of work you seem to be going after, this would not work, but I am sure there are LSG services for commercial? I can see this working for residential repaints. And Gordon seems to offer much better service than the huge companies.

·
Banned
14,174 Posts
True dat! I would be on it if I had no work on the table. It sounds like it's working well. I'm impressed with the feed back. It will be interesting a year from now. If it turns into another SM.

·
Registered
470 Posts
RGordon,
The website states that the $20.00 fee is temporary and that it will change in the upcoming months. What will the fee be then?

Sage

·
CraftJack
324 Posts
RGordon,
The website states that the $20.00 fee is temporary and that it will change in the upcoming months. What will the fee be then?

Sage
We say that the $20 price is promotional because it's a price we initially were going to try out for a few months and then evaluate. So far we have kept the price at $20 since november and we have no immediate plans of changing it.

That being said, we have been getting feedback from our customers on other pricing models they might want to see. One thing we are considering is a tiered pricing based on job size. So smaller jobs may be $10 and bigger may be $30. But we have not finalized anything.

If we ever do change any pricing all of our painters will be notified multiple times and many weeks in advance. If anyone feels the new price structure would not work for them, they can simply turn off their account. We have no signup/cancellation fees so there would be no loss there.

But again, we have no immediate plans to change anything and are still collecting feedback from our users to see what the best way to go is.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts