Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 391 Posts

·
Registered
5,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just signed up, and so far I have spoken with Noah twice at the main office. He has been the one to answer the phone personally, and answers my questions effectively.
This thread is not open to spamming, trolling, flaming or any of the usual "hooplah" associated with Paint Talk!!
I am starting an honest thread to document my personal experience, give some exposure to, and possibly attract more painters to the leads service offered by LPQ.

Wise.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Just signed up, and so far I have spoken with Noah twice at the main office. He has been the one to answer the phone personally, and answers my questions effectively.
This thread is not open to spamming, trolling, flaming or any of the usual "hooplah" associated with Paint Talk!!
I am starting an honest thread to document my personal experience, give some exposure to, and possibly attract more painters to the leads service offered by LPQ.

Wise.
Care to share more details on how it worked out for you besides the fact they answered the phone. I tried SM and it was awful, would be willing to try someone else if it worked.

·
17,849 Posts

Wise.
So the goal of the thread is to help drive more painters into using LPQ? That seems a little funky.

How many leads have you gotten through them?
Out of the number of leads how many have turned into jobs?
How do you like the not being able to review leads prior to purchase?
How many other painters in your area use the service?

You have not documented much information. Usually when you want to document personal thoughts or experiences on subjects and only want a minimum amount of feedback that is called blogging.

·
Registered
5,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
uh oh, now people think i have another painter on the payroll....

I'm just gonna hide for now...
tough crowd for sure.

When I started this thread I was on the payroll...er list for like 10 min. and 43 seconds.

Biz name, contact info, credit card number...I preffer debit card, area you want leads from (distance around your zip) 0~100 miles, and a sweet kiss on the forehead...okay, no kiss.
Seriously, when aaron [email protected] kittens about this thread, I thought it was doomed so I didn't post more details.

Any lead that I recieve via text and emai (you can set multiple contacts), $20.00 leaves my account. My settings are are for 7 possible leads, you can customize that number.

As soon as more happens I will post more info.

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
Ok Wise, I cleaned it up, let's stay on the topic, although I think Sean is right, seems like a good blog topic.
I have been using them, so maybe I will do that!:)

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
Let's let Wise answer, my results are atypical because of my market.
Now, I said SOT, are we going to have to delete each other!;)

·
Born 2 Paint
5,021 Posts
Im intrested in how LPQs works for you too. SM keeps calling me on a daily basis. Along with a few others trying to slam my phone bill with their "Free" internet listing. :whistling2:

·
Registered
5,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Feel free to answer any of my questions that Wise ignored.
for pete's sake, I just signed up yesterday...

It' s like screaming at the microwave to HURRY UP!!

I have no leads so far, and I trust that only the best will be offered to me...

wink, wink Mr. Gordon.

:)

·
Registered
5,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
...but more importantly...are ya still sportin' the tribble? :yes:
Lol, nope just took it down to a respectable length...more like a 7 o'clock shadow. Now that I will be shaking the hands of cold call clients, as well as my regulars I had to streamline the chops.

Didn't poison the well at all. I know all too well the amount of time it took to build a referral based business...and I didn't have a wife and kids to support. Look at the bright side; any customers you get from this service have the potential to refer others to you. Like I said; do what you gotta do.
Like I have posted before, you are my hero in the referral only biz.
Sucks that the housing economy went south right as I was gaining a solid footing.
But that won't stop me, you have probably seen a few economic blow outs during your career.
With the boys here now, the usual 3-4 jobs a month needs to be more like 5+, so this is an honest way to generate more imho...and at a flat $20 per lead, it could be worse. Advertising of any type in this city has reached complete saturation...Certa Pro is being hocked on the radio by well known prime time DJ's.
Noah has also mentioned the referral potential from their leads, which is welcomed.

On that note, 2 fairly impressive leads are on deck.
The work descriptions are exhaustive, and complete. Contact info for the potential clients are both in email and phone #.
LPQ assures that the leads go to no more than 3 contractors, so I have a 1 in 3 shot.
At least if I do lose them, it will be to other qualified contractors and not some lowball fly by night hacks.

So far, I am rating LPQ a solid 5/5.

·
"Member"
10,719 Posts
I think they would. $20 bucks for a lead with no real commitment sounds good to a guy with a $200 marketing budget.

Also how are the leads getting pre qualified?

·
"Member"
10,719 Posts
I find that these two questions are the biggest problem with lead generation services. They need leads(any) and they need contractors(any) to gain power in numbers to make it work. There is no target audience nor is there any way to know if the competing contactors are on the same level.​

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
Be honest now. Did one of y'all set me up? I just got this from LPQ.

Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2010 9:15 PM
To: ***
Subject: Paint Quote

Hi - I received your name through the Local Painter Quotes website. I am interested in having my master bedroom painted. Can I schedule a time for you to come out & provide me with a quote?

Thanks!

N***x

***-3x7-5***

Obviously, I changed the name and number to x's, but that is all I changed. I smell a set up!!!:eek:

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
Kevin, I really doubt anyone here would do that, knowing it cost you.

I'll let RGordon answer about the prequalifying.

I think the benefit is in the SEO. If you do not have a website, or rank high, then this is another way for someone to contact you. It is no more prequalified than someone who contacts you on your website.
If you are the only one listed in your area, you have no competition.

1 - 20 of 391 Posts