Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not going to be doing any spray jobs for at least a year :( . in the past I would clean the sprayer and then store with Mineral Spirits in the machine . My question is is this a good enough method for long term storage or is another product recommended .

·
Banned
15,692 Posts
Yea. At $9.99 a qt. I can see how Pump Armor can set a company back significantly.

Maybe it's just me, but if a manufacturer recommends a certain product for their equipment maintenance, I'm a little reluctant to use anything else for fear of breaching a warranty.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Yea. At $9.99 a qt. I can see how Pump Armor can set a company back significantly.

Maybe it's just me, but if a manufacturer recommends a certain product for their equipment maintenance, I'm a little reluctant to use anything else for fear of breaching a warranty.

View attachment 112358
Yea ! exactly my point.No need to screw your self for a 10 bucks stuff and void anything that they can blame you when the time comes to replace a critical part from warranty.

Everything is overpriced these days but this is the world we live in.

·
Banned
15,692 Posts
Yea ! exactly my point.No need to screw your self for a 10 bucks stuff and void anything that they can blame you when the time comes to replace a critical part from warranty.

Everything is overpriced these days but this is the world we live in.
Unless you're living in the Gobi Desert, where crushed sand worms might work in place of nothing else available as an airless lubricant, you have absolutely all the access in the World to specifically made products that beg one to live a little and indulge in the manufacturer's recommendations.

No?

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Unless you're living in the Gobi Desert, where crushed sand worms might work in place of nothing else available as an airless lubricant, you have absolutely all the access in the World to specifically made products that beg one to live a little and indulge in the manufacturer's recommendations.

No?
TSL lubricant is actually a special liquid so yeah use that. pump armor is relabeled and marked up antifreeze. Besides the only parts I care about warranty are the motor, gear housing and electronics. Everything else is a wear item.

·
Banned
15,692 Posts
TSL lubricant is actually a special liquid so yeah use that. pump armor is relabeled and marked up antifreeze. Besides the only parts I care about warranty are the motor, gear housing and electronics. Everything else is a wear item.
I just mentioned Pump Armor because Graco recommends it. Titan on the other hand , recommends (in the 440i manual) mineral spirits for long term and cold condition storage, while also recommending Titan Liquid Shield for short term storage when using latex.

I suppose it doesn't hurt saving some bucks when Auto Zone sells 50/50 anti freeze for $9.99/gal.

·
Registered
Property Manager
66 Posts
I just mentioned Pump Armor because Graco recommends it. Titan on the other hand , recommends (in the 440i manual) mineral spirits for long term and cold condition storage, while also recommending Titan Liquid Shield for short term storage when using latex.

I suppose it doesn't hurt saving some bucks when Auto Zone sells 50/50 anti freeze for $9.99/gal.
Careful... There are additives in the multiple types of automotive antifreeze you DON'T want in your sprayer. RV/Marine antifreeze for fresh water systems is what you want if you go that way. Washer solvent is high in alcohol.

·
Registered
Property Manager
66 Posts
Not that it relates to painting but does relate to your work vehicle...
The burst temp on antifreeze (of all types) is the temp at which it turns to a solid. Consider the fact that -50f antifreeze turns to a slurry and starts to at approx +12f. Know as the freeze temp. That's why your windshield washer nozzles will plug up when its not even sub zero. FWIW.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts