Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be a dumb question but I like to hear new inputs, I'm 24 been painting for a contractor for 4 years and last year started getting my own painting business in the process as well. So my question is since here in iowa alot of new construction is going up all the time and was wanting to know how you would get in with construction companies building.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Painting only 4 years and going it alone? You're just out of dypers! An apprenticeship takes that long and it's only at that point you start to actually gain your experience.

Good luck but tread very, very carefuly...

·
Registered
121 Posts
I found the names and addresses of general contractors in the area through the phone book and internet

I mailed each one a letter along with magnet telling them about our company. We recieved good feedback from it.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I give you credit for jumping in. Just make sure you no what your getting into. Alot of bussiness fail because people think its easy and dont think it all out.

Good luck!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
It may seem like there is a lot of new construction going on but take another look.You would do better to stay where you are, and learn more about the trade and then as the new construction starts back maybe in about 5 years then give it a try.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
It may seem like there is a lot of new construction going on but take another look.You would do better to stay where you are, and learn more about the trade and then as the new construction starts back maybe in about 5 years then give it a try.
Good advice. You're not even cutting your teeth yet. It would be destined for failure.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the advise, yea construction wise here is still going i mean we have not had much of a decline. But i planned on staying working for the company until everything comes together on its own. apprenticeship wise when i signed up with union I just needed to buy my card. I'm just sitting back, my time to shine will come.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts