Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In terms of testing washabilaty of a flat after an appropriate curing period (a month or so) I have been unable to find a brand which i have personally been happy with.

I have got a very well to do customer with children and she wants the best washable yet flat paint available in the UK.

My experience is limited to the "Endurance" range from dulux as the best i have seen as I am only recently out of college (I have just under 2 years experience) and was hoping some of you more knowledgeable then me may be able to help.

Thank you all for the consideration.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
If you have Ben Moore over there- Aura Matte. A truly scrubble flat will not be really flat, it will have a tiny bit of sheen. That is the case with this paint, but it is the best for wash that I know of.

·
Banned
15,692 Posts
there is no such thing, a true flat is not washable, a true washable will have at least a matte finish.
tech,

Listen to this man. He knows what he's talking about.

BTW, no one really washes flat walls. They're usually just painted over, or if cleaned, expected to leave on obvious wiped area. If the environment is one that will be exposed to contaminants that would require a cleaning schedule, you may want to consider an enamel semi gloss of sorts.

·
PaInTeR ExTrAoRdInAiRe
4,508 Posts
Something to consider: Sherwin-Williams Builders Solution Flat. Designed to be cleanable and have excellent touch up capabilities.
Builders Solutions is a relabeled product for homeowners. As far as I know is the same as ProMar 200.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts