Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
I'll probably try it, although only 1 lead in 2 years, and that was for one room and she never returned my call!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
I agree, and i have mentioned that before, I think the service can have merit in the right area, for the right business model. I have the same issues with any type of internet marketing.

·
Outhouse Painter
700 Posts
I'm still with them and pretty happy overall. When you do the switch, be sure to put a "name" on your area before you select all the zip codes. If you try saving without a name, the system may hang up (like it did with me and Mozilla) and you have to back up one screen and do it all over.

Over the last few month, I've averaged 4-6 leads per month. I'd say there may be more tire kickers than average coming through them. About 10-15% I never reach at all or never return my call/email. Another 15-20% either hired someone else or is now having their brother do it or they didn't really want anything painted - despite my calling MINUTES after getting the lead. About 20% are legit homeowners in normal circumstances that will schedule you and want the job done right.

I'd say the remaining 40-50% are tire kicking and price shopping. They want phone estimates and they are going to take the cheapest guy and if you are that guy you need to be there tomorrow morning.

That's been my experience and I'm sure it's unique to my specific area - which is very small but has a huge population. Your results may vary.

Even given the lopsided numbers, the legit jobs I do get are worth the LPQ prices at this point as I get referrals down the line. Also, depending on the season and the others on the LPQ distribution for the lead, I may be the low guy once in a while. I was interested in the line in Ross's email that read "Better filters to weed out non-homeowners". In my area, I've had regular bad experiences with renters both coming and going. I might be ready to exclude them altogether and this would be a great way to do that once they get that capability.

·
CraftJack
324 Posts
Heads up: We have had 2 bugs for some people transferring:

1. A few people were getting errors on the billing page and could not complete setup. This was an issue with the Authorize.net payment gateway we used and it is now fixed.

2. Some people could not add zip codes. This was only an issue for people using IE7 (not sure why anyone uses IE to begin with). This is now fixed as well. But we still recommend you switch to Google Chrome, Firefox, or upgrade to IE9.

So if you had any problems before, you should be good to go now.

Also, if you made an account, don't forget to create your profile! Here's how

1 - 13 of 13 Posts