Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first time using an airless sprayer. I purchased a used magnum x7. I had to clean up the old paint really good but now it sprays on its own without pulling down the trigger. Does anyone have any solutions? thanks.

It only stops spraying when I turn the pressure off by the way.
Calipers Tool Toy airplane Blade Plastic

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
There is something keeping the valve from closing on the gun. You're outfit is pretty low end. Either flush the unit really good, hot soapy water to dislodge whatever is in the gun, or give the little nut on the back of the gun a 1/4 turn to the right to tighten the valve. If neither works, get a new gun. A nice gun will be $150-250.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I completely disassembled it and cleaned it very well with lacquer thinner. Honestly I think I over tightened the tiny nut on the back of the gun. To the point where I broke the pin trying to remove it once more for reinspection. The nut fused with the pin so I guess I didn't clean it well enough. I purchased a new gun.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
I completely disassembled it and cleaned it very well with lacquer thinner. Honestly I think I over tightened the tiny nut on the back of the gun. To the point where I broke the pin trying to remove it once more for reinspection. The nut fused with the pin so I guess I didn't clean it well enough. I purchased a new gun.
Cleaning will not fix a needle assembly that is worn out. Yes you can overtighten the nut, so that might have been the problem from the get-go. A new gun will be great, good luck. What did you get??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cleaning will not fix a needle assembly that is worn out. Yes you can overtighten the nut, so that might have been the problem from the get-go. A new gun will be great, good luck. What did you get??
I purchased a $30 Funteck brand from Amazon. It worked for me. Airless is way better than my small air compressor that I upgraded from.
Product Font Bicycle part Camera accessory Nickel

·
Banned
4 Posts
This is my first time using an airless sprayer. I purchased a used magnum x7. I had to clean up the 192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1 old paint really good but now it sprays on its own without pulling down the trigger. Does anyone have any solutions? thanks.

It only stops spraying when I turn the pressure off by the way.
I had the same issue with that gun I don't recommend it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts