Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Anyone experienced in marketing directly to recent homebuyers? Visiting the house itself, sending a postcard....?

I've been thinking of trying this out and wanted to see if anyone had experience they could share.

Thanks all. Paint happy.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
There are professional services that can be used to contact them. Have to pay for those of course. It's a good idea, but if you are in with your local agents it is easy to reach out to them as the people doing the transaction buy/sell are the agents themselves typically.

·
Registered
8 Posts
People usually want to spruce up there home when there selling there home, planning on staying in there home for awhile, or when they just bought a new home right?

You can get a list of these people for free.

Alot of real estate agents subscribe to a service that sends them a list of expired listing that they call and prospect to in hopes of picking up the listing that the last agent didst sell.

This list is only really valuable to realtors when its new and up to date.

Realtors will give you there old ( 4-6 month old) list of expired listings for free because they have no use for it.

You can either send direct mail out to the list or hire a cold caller to prospect to it because every contact on that list had there home up for sale a couple months ago and it either sold which means they just got into a new home, or they didn't sell it and plan on staying for awhile. Either way its a good list of people that are highly likely to do home improvements.

·
Registered
21 Posts
You could try to market to them through Facebook, I mentioned it a lot of times on different threads, Facebook has great targeting. You might be able to only target recent home buyers there too. And the spend doesn't have to be huge, $50 for a test should be enough, unlike AdWords.

·
Registered
21 Posts
AND Your goal is to identify popular people on Facebook who are sharing information that a home buyer would care about. Once you have found them, comment on one of their posts, or just “like” their page. Start to interact with them, and you’ll find your name in front of a large audience of potential home buyers.

·
Registered
218 Posts
That list of failed home sales must get around a lot... I sold my old house 2 years ago and STILL get crap in the mail about selling my house.... a house on a street in a town i no longer live in lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts