Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,161 Posts
Yep. Just a few months ago, I painted some cabinets for a young couple. They were brand new factory painted with Cloud White I think. She wanted them Chantilly lace! $6500 correction if I remember.
I'd bet if you only did the top Chantilly Lace and left the bottoms Cloud White they wouldn't even notice.

·
Super Moderator
7,161 Posts
I live/work in suburban Hell. The words "Chantilly Lace" or "Decorator White" is a red flag that this person will be a PITA!
Sherwin can't match it either, the closest they can get is just extra white which doesn't really match. I did it once and was praying it wasn't questioned, luckily for me it wasn't and they loved it but never again. Of course two days later I see a thread on the Sherwin employee reddit sub forum talking about Chantilly Lace and how it's impossible to get a good match.

·
Super Moderator
7,161 Posts
I thought they could get those in their high reflective white base? Of course it would then take 4-5 coats in their product. :p
It took 4 coats of Extra White Emerald, high reflective would've been another one or two more. 😧

1 - 3 of 3 Posts