Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
About S&W white, you probably know this, I didn't notice right away but their white is sorta yellowish. I noticed it after painting the cabinets with Behr waterbased alkyd white. Both were semi gloss but the behr was much whiter. Or is that an alkyd thing not a manufacturer thing?
SW extra white has raw umber in it, basically yeah a little yellow and grey toned.

·
Registered
31 Posts
i always warn about the chantilly lace...I tell them it is at least an extra coat. I recommend the decorators white...it looks the same (when done), and covers so much better.
The Chantilly Lace(oc-65) is the "whitest whitest white white white" in the Benjamin Moore deck...it's why everyone loves it so much.

·
Registered
660 Posts
About S&W white, you probably know this, I didn't notice right away but their white is sorta yellowish. I noticed it after painting the cabinets with Behr waterbased alkyd white. Both were semi gloss but the behr was much whiter. Or is that an alkyd thing not a manufacturer thing?
I've noticed for some of the Behr hate they actually do seem fairly color accurate compared to SW, somehow maybe they get their base white almost as actual white as BM does? SW whites tend to look gray/blued out to me, though. My local BM store used to have a "custom white" in Regal Select semi that had a bit of black in it I think, designed to be able to cheat one coat on trim with the same strategy SW uses.

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
I've noticed for some of the Behr hate they actually do seem fairly color accurate compared to SW, somehow maybe they get their base white almost as actual white as BM does? SW whites tend to look gray/blued out to me, though. My local BM store used to have a "custom white" in Regal Select semi that had a bit of black in it I think, designed to be able to cheat one coat on trim with the same strategy SW uses.
most BM products come in a stock "white" which is essentially equivalent to SW extra white base. Many distributors choose not to carry them though due to lower inventory turnover.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts