Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Master Painter
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Merchant Circle is a business to business networking site . Any of you fine artisans out there joined up over there ? It seems like it could have some good marketing and contact possibilities .

Merchant Circle

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
I signed up a while back, don't even remember when and a salesman called me yesterday. He was a helluva a pitch man, but it was 6 pm and I was on my way home. Not the best time...

He said I was getting over 60 hits a month, but I haven't seen a single referral from that domain to my site so no telling where they are sending the page viewers.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
I signed up a while back, don't even remember when and a salesman called me yesterday. He was a helluva a pitch man, but it was 6 pm and I was on my way home. Not the best time...

He said I was getting over 60 hits a month, but I haven't seen a single referral from that domain to my site so no telling where they are sending the page viewers.
yeah, they all say that, right?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Do the free listing, but I won't spend any additonal money with them. I bought their phone lead package, and leads cost like $15 if they call you. Mine have only consisted of wrong #'s. The other day I got 2 calls from the same guy asking for "Rick" I disputed the calls and cancelled my lead package.

Since they don't give refunds that made me a local sponsor for my city, as a free bonus...Not sure what's so free about the $150 lead package they charged me for, but won't refund. They said it's a $99 value. Maybe to them.

I've been on for several years, and don't know of a single lead that's ever came from the site.

·
Born To Be Mild
4,956 Posts
Ken,

I just checked out you page there. Very nice. Do you write a seperate blog from your others? Or just cut and paste similar stuff?

·
Registered
5,097 Posts
Ken,

I just checked out you page there. Very nice. Do you write a seperate blog from your others? Or just cut and paste similar stuff?
I try to keep all of my content original for search engine purposes.

and... thank you!

PS: Often times a properly titled blog will outrank my website. For instance check this search for pressure washing services, Villanova PA. I used to be not even listed for the local results. Now the blog is the first organic listing and I am in the local search after posting it.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...essure+washing+services,+villanova+pa&spell=1

·
Master Painter
362 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
I love Merchant Circle !!!

I have never had a lead come in !!!

So why do the love?

Like others have stated above, Google does rank their content high.

Make optimized content on this site, and it will rank. Use the blog section, use the coupon sections and anything else.

Who cares if you don't get any leads.

If it ranks, it taking up a spot and that means that one less competitor showing up on the first page.

Get it now?

Use this same logic elsewhere.

Good Luck

·
Registered
131 Posts
The important thing sites like Merchant Circle do for you is provide a local citation to your site, which helps with Google and your Google Places pages. You should try and be listed on as many local sites as possible (Chamber, Kiwanis, etc.) as this validates your site (and your business) to Google, which makes them trust you more, which means they will serve up your site over your competition.

Reactions: 6126
1 - 16 of 16 Posts