Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Painting Trainer
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Are you a painter thinking about migrating to Australia?
With one of the world's strongest economies, high pay rates and a booming construction industry, Australia is a great place to be a painter!

To work on many job-sites, be a supervisor, or start a business, you must have the Australian qualification for painters, which is called Certificate III Painting and Decorating. You can only get this qualification from government accredited colleges called Registered Training Organisations.

To help painters from overseas, the National Institute of Painting and Decorating has created an on-line version of this course, which allows painters anywhere in the world to upload evidence or their practical skills and answer the knowledge based questions. Once you upload all your evidence, you may be issued the qualification through a process called Recognition of Prior Learning. You can do all this before you even get to Australia.

You must have a minimum of four years experience as a painter to apply for this course. It costs A$3000 and will result in a recognised qualification.
http://www.painters.edu.au/Training-Courses/Australian-Painters-Qualification.htm

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
im a moderately optimistic and happy guy, but I would probably be viewed as a miserable guy compared to all the happy guys down there.

And I cant cook. Ben would be kicking me off his job site everyday at lunch!

·
very senior member
9,848 Posts
I don't think most professional chef's could compete with Ben for the lunches he makes. If I ate anything like that, I would get 0 work done the rest of the day

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Talked to the wife about headed your way Ben. Quickly shot down for two reasons:

1) she thinks its a desert
2) a desert full of snakes nonetheless

And she don't fly or go on boats. Guess we're staying here (sadface)

·
PinheadsUnite
30,724 Posts
I'm migrating down and then setting up a bizness to teach people from all trades to get certified to work in the Land of OZ. Sounds like a great scam - sorta like Calif in 1849 :thumbup:

As they always say, when you can't make money doing something, make money by teaching others how to make money doing it.

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
This course is now available on-line, allowing you to apply from anywhere in the world, prior to immigration or visa application. It is suitable for painters who meet any of the following criteria:

1. Painters with U.K. City and Guilds Certificate
  2. Painters with Trade qualifications from New Zealand, Canada, South Africa, India, Taiwan, Germany, Italy, Hungary, France or Ireland
  3. Professional painters who have a minimum of four years full-time experience but no formal qualification
  4. Painters who have at least 200 posts on Painttalk.com
:whistling2:

·
Premium Member
15,453 Posts
we have a non polluted environment, heaps of work for skilled tradespeople, nice weather, charming friendly Australians to welcome you to our country.

And probably the safest country to live in with no terrorist stuff to be concerned about.
My daughter absolutely loves Australia and its people. She loves them so much that she adopted a pretty good Australian accent from watching H2O. We have been seriously planning a visit within hopefully a couple of years.

And as a seventeen year old high school and city league swimmer, including being a member of the high school varsity water polo team, my daughter is one of the biggest American fans of Australia's women's Olympic swim team.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
driftweed said:
Talked to the wife about headed your way Ben. Quickly shot down for two reasons: 1) she thinks its a desert 2) a desert full of snakes nonetheless And she don't fly or go on boats. Guess we're staying here (sadface)
: ( : ( : (

Bloody rules can't even post one sad smiley face these days

Attachments

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Brian C said:
we have a non polluted environment, heaps of work for skilled tradespeople, nice weather, charming friendly Australians to welcome you to our country. And probably the safest country to live in with no terrorist stuff to be concerned about.
Gday Brian

I don't know about the non terrorist stuff it's here just a matter of time : (

1 - 20 of 40 Posts