Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
I got one of the little graco's from home Depot I put it in a little black container with the yellow lid you get from costco I shoot cabinets with it works great, great for trim, struggles with high build primer but still gets it done. Simple to clean up, be nice to it, store it with paint thinner long term not coro check and you will be set for long time. Graco guy says they last about 50 gallons and he way wrong. . they are good little units.
I've owned three and indeed they lasted maybe 100 gallons. One caught on fire. One packings blew and paint went all over the internal gear housing and electronics, the other just stopped working all together.

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Took eight weeks, but the ED655 finally arrived. Sweet!
Titan said they are backlogged to over 12 weeks now, as they cannot get parts for production.

(I finished the three spray projects I wanted to use this for, but it'll keep until next time).

·
Super Moderator
Licensed General Contractor, Painting Contractor
2,225 Posts
Took eight weeks, but the ED655 finally arrived. Sweet!
Titan said they are backlogged to over 12 weeks now, as they cannot get parts for production.

(I finished the three spray projects I wanted to use this for, but it'll keep until next time).

View attachment 111983
Awesome! Kinda sucks you didn't get to use it on your last 3 projects, but at least now you'll have plenty of time to dial it in and fine tune it to be ready for the next one. Keep us posted. Nothing like getting new equipment. Makes me wanna buy something.

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Awesome! Kinda sucks you didn't get to use it on your last 3 projects, but at least now you'll have plenty of time to dial it in and fine tune it to be ready for the next one. Keep us posted. Nothing like getting new equipment. Makes me wanna buy something.
I wish someone (@MikeCalifornia) would make a video on how to use this sprayer. There is so little info online about it, and it seems different than the sprayers I'm familiar with.

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 · (Edited)
Cute little fella. How much hose did ya get there? Also how much did ya pay for it?
Nice and light!
I ordered a 25' hose- I almost never use a 50' hose, ad less hose to clean.

$780 (USD +tx - for sprayer) includes promo for 2 free HEA tips (meh).
Don't know what they charged me for hose, maybe about $30~

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 · (Edited)
Good call. With your titan tips, its will be great. Let me know if you need any help.

The one thing I always do upon start up, before I dump paint in the hopper. Add a little water to the hopper, then stick a pen, screwdriver, it may come with a little plunger now, down the intake valve to unstick it. Start it up, increase pressure slightly, then trigger the water out. As it gets to the bottom, go ahead and put the round filter in, then fill with paint. Trigger back into your clean out bucket, until a little paint comes out, then trigger back into the hopper for a half minute or so, you may need to increase the pressure some depending on the thickness of paint. I have had no problem pumping all the normal enamels without ever thinning at all. A total of twice, did I just dump paint in and the intake was stuck. You will then have to put your hand in to remove the filter, then unstick the valve. Sucks!!

The other piece of advice, never use the prime valve, it is so unnecessary. Leave the prime tube and the little plastic thing off when you set it up, just make sure the prime valve is in the spray position and thank me later. A diaphram does not need to prime, unlike a piston. If you ever run the hopper dry on accident, just dump more paint in, then back the pressure off and trigger into the hopper till you get the air out.
@MikeCalifornia,

I have a couple follow-up questions regarding the ED655...

1. Do you leave the hopper connected all the time, or do you take it apart for any reason? In other words, you just unstick the plunger through the hopper, rather than take it off?

2. Came with a 'coarse mesh screen' and the 'plastic fine-filter screen.' Do you use both? (Picture below shows both the fine screen w/ plastic fins on top, and the coarse mesh screen underneath it, or should it be the other way around?)

IMG_0495.jpeg

3. You said to leave the primer straw off. Can I assume you NEVER prime using the knob/straw? Would there be any problem if I removed the "primer knob" (it could be removed easily by unscrewing one nut)?
*I dont trust myself to not accidentally turn the primer knob, force of habit from using an airless... That would be a mess!

4. What is the function of the Outlet Valve (brass button, pictured)?

5. What is the best way to clean the unit/hopper???

Thank you!!

41 - 47 of 47 Posts