Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
I can dig it... I'm picking up on what you're puttin' down.

Who do we write a letter to, to make it happen?
More like, if they just coated the inside with that super slick clear that nothing sticks to and all material just ran down to the bottom.
#5. When finished, I just run my material totally out spraying back into the can. Keep going a little even after the unit starts sucking air. Then add a half gallon of water, I take a rag and scrub the inside of the hopper first, remove the strainer, then run all the dirty water out into the clean out bucket. Then again with water, scrub the hopper, run the water out. On the third time, the water in the hopper is pretty clear, I will spray out what is in the line till its clear like the hopper, then spray out my tip, turn the unit off, remove the gun filter to clean, and then turn the unit on and run all water out. Once all water is purged, spin my gun back on, wipe out anything in the hopper.
I really need to make a video!!

·
Premium Member
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
More like, if they just coated the inside with that super slick clear that nothing sticks to and all material just ran down to the bottom.
#5. When finished, I just run my material totally out spraying back into the can. Keep going a little even after the unit starts sucking air. Then add a half gallon of water, I take a rag and scrub the inside of the hopper first, remove the strainer, then run all the dirty water out into the clean out bucket. Then again with water, scrub the hopper, run the water out. On the third time, the water in the hopper is pretty clear, I will spray out what is in the line till its clear like the hopper, then spray out my tip, turn the unit off, remove the gun filter to clean, and then turn the unit on and run all water out. Once all water is purged, spin my gun back on, wipe out anything in the hopper.
I really need to make a video!!
You really should!
There is almost zero useful info on the web about this sprayer.

Thank you for the comments and helpful suggestions.

·
Registered
Finishing/carpentry
14 Posts
I wanted to jump in this convo, as I have two of these sprayers, and indeed there is little to no info on these anywhere on the web… this should be the unofficial ed655 thread… I’m in total agreement on some kind of liner for the hopper been experimenting with things for a while nothing seems to be exactly what I want.. it would be nice to share some tips on the learning curve.. I’ve noticed some interesting differences with this pump and certain products combined with certain tips… with some products I’m still using max pressure settings with a fflp to get it to atomize which is no big deal.. but put a diff company fflp tip on same size half pressure needed..? Specifically breakthrough un thinned with titan 310 - garbage.. graco 310 perfect… no clue why… brand new tips too..

·
Registered
10 Posts
I wanted to jump in this convo, as I have two of these sprayers, and indeed there is little to no info on these anywhere on the web… this should be the unofficial ed655 thread… I’m in total agreement on some kind of liner for the hopper been experimenting with things for a while nothing seems to be exactly what I want.. it would be nice to share some tips on the learning curve.. I’ve noticed some interesting differences with this pump and certain products combined with certain tips… with some products I’m still using max pressure settings with a fflp to get it to atomize which is no big deal.. but put a diff company fflp tip on same size half pressure needed..? Specifically breakthrough un thinned with titan 310 - garbage.. graco 310 perfect… no clue why… brand new tips too..
Did you ever figure out any type of liner setup? I picked up one of these units a few months back and use it pretty much exclusively for spraying B.I.N. I have also used it with latex for a couple of smaller jobs and I love this little machine. Worth every penny IMO. I also agree that having some type of liner setup would be so beneficial. With water base products cleanup is not a big deal but with solvent base such as B.I.N. it is a bit of a pain. I end up using a half gallon or so of Denatured Alcohol to clean up each use. A liner would make this unit a breeze to clean.

·
Registered
261 Posts
You might laugh but some years back when my titan's packings ruptured spontaneously on a job (and no repack kit with me), I ran to a nearby lowes and bought their cheap little sub $300 Graco X5 to finish some things up. I ended up keeping it around for about 4 years, using it off and on for spraying oil primer on small commercial jobs. I just gave it to a retired maintenance tech who wanted to spray their home and with a new tip they said it worked great. I can hardly believe it but being 90% plastic, it's unbelievably light. Though also a bit noisy.

·
Premium Member
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Did you ever figure out any type of liner setup? I picked up one of these units a few months back and use it pretty much exclusively for spraying B.I.N. I have also used it with latex for a couple of smaller jobs and I love this little machine. Worth every penny IMO. I also agree that having some type of liner setup would be so beneficial. With water base products cleanup is not a big deal but with solvent base such as B.I.N. it is a bit of a pain. I end up using a half gallon or so of Denatured Alcohol to clean up each use. A liner would make this unit a breeze to clean.
Flower Petal Plant Style Art

Automotive tire Wood Flooring Road surface Tints and shades

Spraying a small job today, and looking for a way to minimize cleanup.

I tried a garbage back with a small hole poked in the middle. I dunno, it worked and made cleaning up the hopper (a little) easier. I might try it again. Has anyone come up with anything better?

·
Super Moderator
Journeyman Painting Contractor
3,165 Posts
I just use a siphon style and always buy a full gallon. Other options for small jobs may be an hvlp or handheld airless. 🤷‍♂️

61 - 68 of 68 Posts