·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shoe Synthetic rubber Asphalt Road surface Grey

Floor Flooring Gas Synthetic rubber Automotive tire

View attachment 112954
View attachment 112955

I bought 5" platform shoes recently. I was painting a 6 story apartment tower with 7' cielings I didn't need a ladder to tape or plastic the wallpaper. They are sold for Frankenstein or monster costumes or goth.

My dad bought them too. He's 6'3 so he will probably use them alot to cut in 8' cielings or walls in the future. I might use them for tall windows or something.

A got a dozen people saying they were cool or asking what they were per day. I was not expecting that lol.

My feet are 11.5wide and got large which is like a 12 and my dads are 13 and got extra large which is like a 14. Mine don't have a brand but my dad's are funtasma. They don't have laces to adjust only a side zipper. I bought cheap airpac gel insoles at Walmart and put two in my shoes and three in my dads and they fit good after that. They added some cushioning and a half inch.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One dude asked me if I always wear them 😂.

One morning an elderly spanish lady got out of the elevator and walked down the hall yelling "They let the Stinker in! They let the Stinker in!"

I ignored her till she was in front of me gesturing then I realized she was actually saying sticker and pointing at some loose tape on the wall.

·
Registered
471 Posts

I always wanted to try stilts after seeing this video, but unfortunately usually working in occupied places I rarely would have the space to use stilts like that moving around furniture and stuff, even if I got used to using stilts.

Maybe this is a slight brag but since I have a long wingspan (6'3) more than my height I can actually cut an 8' or so ceiling without a stool, but it wouldn't be a super accurate line since I wouldn't have my actual eyes on the top of the line at the ceiling point.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wood Floor Red Gas Flooring

I bought stilts then got the job with low cielings and bought the shoes. Ive used the.stilts for about 5 hours. I modified snowboard bindings, easier and quicker to put them on.

im not super concerned about drop cloths. If it's an issue I could use the drop cloths with the nonslip rubber on the bottom or tape down paper instead. If I was taller I think I'd use the shoes more in the future.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts