Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shoe Synthetic rubber Asphalt Road surface Grey

Floor Flooring Gas Synthetic rubber Automotive tire

View attachment 112954
View attachment 112955

I bought 5" platform shoes recently. I was painting a 6 story apartment tower with 7' cielings I didn't need a ladder to tape or plastic the wallpaper. They are sold for Frankenstein or monster costumes or goth.

My dad bought them too. He's 6'3 so he will probably use them alot to cut in 8' cielings or walls in the future. I might use them for tall windows or something.

A got a dozen people saying they were cool or asking what they were per day. I was not expecting that lol.

My feet are 11.5wide and got large which is like a 12 and my dads are 13 and got extra large which is like a 14. Mine don't have a brand but my dad's are funtasma. They don't have laces to adjust only a side zipper. I bought cheap airpac gel insoles at Walmart and put two in my shoes and three in my dads and they fit good after that. They added some cushioning and a half inch.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One dude asked me if I always wear them 馃槀.

One morning an elderly spanish lady got out of the elevator and walked down the hall yelling "They let the Stinker in! They let the Stinker in!"

I ignored her till she was in front of me gesturing then I realized she was actually saying sticker and pointing at some loose tape on the wall.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wood Floor Red Gas Flooring

I bought stilts then got the job with low cielings and bought the shoes. Ive used the.stilts for about 5 hours. I modified snowboard bindings, easier and quicker to put them on.

im not super concerned about drop cloths. If it's an issue I could use the drop cloths with the nonslip rubber on the bottom or tape down paper instead. If I was taller I think I'd use the shoes more in the future.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
I bought padded wide Velcro stilt straps/ stilt leg bands on Amazon for $40, I cut them because they were really long. I think they are more comfortable than original upper straps/ buckles. I heard about them in a review for the stilts.

The snowboard bindings straps have nice ratchets that I can tighten or loosen with only one finger, I loosen them 3 inches each and I can slide my foot up and over the stilt heel thing quickly. I just slide my foot in the same when putting them on. Way easier than stock.

I removed the high back from the bindings. The bindings are bolted through, had to drill holes in the foot thing.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
Hmm... I wonder if instead I could have had the original heel and toe straps standing up like arches if I bought a cheap padded shoulder strap cushion thing and put it around the original foot straps to make them stiffer padded and wider and then attached a cut rubber band from them up to a spot a foot up the the metal tube to hold them up high and open when I loosen them 3 inches and take the stilts off my feet? ,way cheaper than bindings if it that worked and probably almost as comfortable? maybe..

Registered
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
When putting the stilts on I originally had to use both hands and bend down and stretch below my feet to grab the straps and put them together while trying to also maintain my balance.., I also wanted more foot comfort.

I've heard some people can do a split but if I drop something on the floor I have to take my stilts off to pick it up and put them back on lol.
With platform shoes that's not a problem.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
I'm not posting a pic but after I bought the monster shoes I found 7" 201 platform shoes and bought them. I wanted to stretch less. They were not currently available in stock in black or the other colors, for my size... Only iridescent rainbow lol.......

The extra 2" in height is in the heel and I didn't find those shoes comfortable to wear all day like the flatter 5".

I planned on covering them up with tape if I worked in them but when I got those crazy things I had this thought.. what if I get a job working for a hot freaky David Bowie super fan chick.. Then I shook my head.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
I used stilts for a while. They can be faster, but I found that I was much more tired at the end of the day, and the risk of injury made me stop using them, although I still have them.

Did you actually purchase 7" iridescent monster shoes?
Yeah but those ones weren't called monster boots. They aren't sold for Halloween frankenstein costumes.

I figured I could cover them in tape or paint them if I had too. They arrived when I was almost done with that job and I wore them for 10 min at home and they were uncomfortable because of the extra heel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts