Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
314 255-2201
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
• You agree to never ask homeowner or any persons residing in home for anything.
No borrowing tools
No asking for a drink
Don’t ask any personal question

• No smoking inside or outside of customer’s residence.

• No drinking of alcoholic beverages while on the clock.

• Never show up to work intoxicated nor under the influence

• No stealing, any accusation would be taken seriously.

• No music is to be played, unless residence is empty and you’ve been given permission from your supervisor.

• Never in anyway will the homeowner or any person residing in home shall be disrespected. No matter what race, age, religion, ethnic background, gender, color, class, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability, all clients of Diverse Painting shall by treated with dignity and respect.

• No cleaning out paint equipment inside residence. You are required to have 5 brushes and several set-ups (5 gallon bucket, screen, roller frames). You can clean equipment out outside at the end of day.

• You agree to use drop clothes at all times.

• You agree to show up at work on time.

• You agree to wear clean whites.

• You agree to keep up your personal hygiene.

• You agree to never solicit your services to the homeowner nor any potential client of Painting.

• No use of profanity while on job.

• No discussion of personal views while on the job.

·
314 255-2201
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What qualifies as personal views?
Religious, political, anything expressing your own damn opinion. HO don't pay for you to come in there homes, and you start debating your personal views on life. Don't express you view on adoption, abortions, race, gender, culture, and etc. People are stupid and have know common courtesy. I believe in having rules and standing firm by them rules.

·
Registered
10,569 Posts
Its your company, and as long as you sign the checks, you can do as you please. The rules are not extreme IMHO. I'm a little laid back when it comes to company policies, but 90% of yours are in place with me.

·
Registered
10,569 Posts
Never in anyway will the homeowner, co-worker or any person residing in home shall be disrespected. No matter what race, age, religion, ethnic background, gender, color, class, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability, all clients of Diverse Painting shall by treated with dignity and respect.

·
very senior member
9,848 Posts
You can clean equipment out outside at the end of day.:eek:

If I was the home owner, you better not be doing this on MY property:no::no::no:

·
Painting Contractor
2,565 Posts
Most are ok and found in most Handbooks. The tone of it sounds bad.
it sounds like you had some issues and reacting to them.

Washing tools outside a sink and straight into the waterways
is wrong and illegal in most places.
I hope you mean you catch the dirty water outside.

Why not get a template and use this as an opportunity to create your employee handbook?

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
Religious, political, anything expressing your own damn opinion. HO don't pay for you to come in there homes, and you start debating your personal views on life. Don't express you view on adoption, abortions, race, gender, culture, and etc. People are stupid and have know common courtesy. I believe in having rules and standing firm by them rules.
Personally I think this rule is stupid. Guys like to talk about current events. Half the time the owner gets involved and give's their own opinion on what we are talking about. It's all done in respect and it creates a better overall work atmosphere.

Not sure why you would have to have that list in the first place. If your guys need a list like that then they are not the right guys period.

Pat

·
PinheadsUnite
30,724 Posts
Most are almost common sense, respect, and courtesy issues, but the way they are stated, you may have issues holding onto respect for yourself. Your workers want to be treated as if they are respectful intelligent people, they don't need no Painting Boss Nazi. Speak to laterally to your hires, not down to them.

• You agree to never ask homeowner or any persons residing in home for anything.
No borrowing tools
No asking for a drink
Don’t ask any personal question

I understand what you are trying to get across, but if taken by the letter of the law, it sounds a little Draconian. How about the question, "M'am do you want your 3 year old playing in the road" or "M'am your flower garden is beautiful, did you do that?" This whole segment could be worded a lot better to show you trust your workers to be PROFESSIONALS and have everything they need.

• No smoking inside or outside of customer’s residence.

Now a days this is SOP

• No drinking of alcoholic beverages while on the clock.

Do your workers need that spelled out?

• Never show up to work intoxicated nor under the influence

Same

• No stealing, any accusation would be taken seriously.

Same

• No music is to be played, unless residence is empty and you’ve been given permission from your supervisor.

How about PLD's and headphones?

• Never in anyway will the homeowner or any person residing in home shall be disrespected. No matter what race, age, religion, ethnic background, gender, color, class, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability, all clients of Diverse Painting shall by treated with dignity and respect.

You need the "No matter what race, age, religion, ethnic background, gender, color, class, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability, ??

"Diverse Painting is proud of it's reputation for treating all people on a job site with respect and courtesy"

• No cleaning out paint equipment inside residence. You are required to have 5 brushes and several set-ups (5 gallon bucket, screen, roller frames). You can clean equipment out outside at the end of day.

Reword that and put it in the manual

• You agree to use drop clothes at all times.

What kind of people are you hiring?

• You agree to show up at work on time.

same

• You agree to wear clean whites.

What defines "clean"? Do expect brand new whites everyday?

• You agree to keep up your personal hygiene.

define

• You agree to never solicit your services to the homeowner nor any potential client of Painting.

SOP, but define

• No use of profanity while on job.

phuck that sh!t :thumbup:

• No discussion of personal views while on the job.

Nazi !

Seriously, who do you hire? Inmates from MCPF Springfield?

Write a manual that shows you have respect for your workers and Diverse Painting demonstrates respect for the customers, other trades, the painting profession, and the environment.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts