Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Looks good! You using the woodsong quick base spray stain on those? Saw from your other thread you're using Krystal. It's a great topcoat - used that stuff myself on a few kitchen jobs.

·
Registered
12 Posts
can you explain your process for this. i have never refinished stain work other then fully sanding to bare wood and starting over.

·
NWDecorativePainting.com
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
can you explain your process for this. i have never refinished stain work other then fully sanding to bare wood and starting over.
When Im refinishing I do sending to bare wood. Then stain with sponge rag for stain. Then I stain brush to make some lines. After that I sprayed the same stain "really smoothly and easy barely spraying" with airless gun. Then after it dries, 2 coats, I sprayed using KRYSTAL High-Solids Conversion Varnish smooth and easy but Not hard. Then I sanded for leaks and other bumps easy and smooth. Vacuum all the sanded stuff. Then I spray full Krystal Vernish 3 coats. It drys pretty quick. I sand and vacuum after every coat but final. I use sponge sander. After it is all ready and the Vernish is dry I use decorative oil glaze with brush. clean it up with piece of clothing to take some of the glazing off a bit if its too much. use your fantasy and imaginations in glazing.
hope that helps.
and by the way a quick tip when sanding use an old sponge sander not new one because it will tear off and will mess it up.

you are done! :) wait till it drys and clean up!

sorry for the late reply

·
Registered
415 Posts
Svyatoslav70 said:
When Im refinishing I do sending to bare wood. Then stain with sponge rag for stain. Then I stain brush to make some lines. After that I sprayed the same stain "really smoothly and easy barely spraying" with airless gun. Then after it dries, 2 coats, I sprayed using KRYSTAL High-Solids Conversion Varnish smooth and easy but Not hard. Then I sanded for leaks and other bumps easy and smooth. Vacuum all the sanded stuff. Then I spray full Krystal Vernish 3 coats. It drys pretty quick. I sand and vacuum after every coat but final. I use sponge sander. After it is all ready and the Vernish is dry I use decorative oil glaze with brush. clean it up with piece of clothing to take some of the glazing off a bit if its too much. use your fantasy and imaginations in glazing.
hope that helps.
and by the way a quick tip when sanding use an old sponge sander not new one because it will tear off and will mess it up.

you are done! :) wait till it drys and clean up!

sorry for the late reply
Nice quality , Top notch results. The carpentry work is on par as well ,do you do that too?

·
NWDecorativePainting.com
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice quality , Top notch results. The carpentry work is on par as well ,do you do that too?
not sure what you mean by "The carpentry work is on par as well ,do you do that too?" All I did was just a refinish completely removed everything and refinish. I'm not a carpenter

1 - 19 of 19 Posts