Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Born 2 Paint
5,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had been using FormDocs in the past but I will write my propsals on a napkin from a bar before I spend one more penny with FormDocs. Already purchased the same software twice at $150 a pop. Tried installing it on my laptop last night with no luck. Tried contacting customer support and I think I would rather have teeth pulled. They claim its been installed twice already. Not true. Not paying them another $150. Anyway, been surfing the web looking at various programs, free trials, etc and now after ending up with enough windows open on my computer to build a house I am turning to PT for suggestions. :thumbsup: All I desire is something to make a nice looking professional proposal I can either email or print. Dont need any estimating programs. Just something simple to design my own proposals for residential repaint work. Thank you, Mike

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I have a 5 page quote template in Word that I made up - one for NC and one for repaints. 1st page is an intro, 2 and 3 page is a description of a standard paint project that I will customize, the 4th page is my price with details and the 5 page is contract with T&C, a line to sign and references.

I made my own xls for quotes and I will cut and paste cells and insert it in the price, it details ceilings, walls, trim etc. I keep changing it and will eventually use it to produce a printed quote, production time sheet and supply list.

·
Born 2 Paint
5,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya, quickbooks, you already have it. As your plugging info in it easier to bill off of. You can get reports of estimates vrs billing.
Yes, thanks Gabe I do have QB and I should probably stick with that. Thanks. I did go and design a proposal on QB after Neps reply earlier. Still need to do more work on it. I did look at this program earlier thinking I might have more options on design than QBs but its also pretty expensive http://www.actcontractorsforms.com/construction-form-categories/painting-bid-forms

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
I do like Romminaday and have a simiilar detailed word doc that I print out, take 2 copies and use for when I do bid on the spot. But I then enter it in QB using the items feature and then can turn it into an invoice.

I never feel that I can add enough detail to a QB Estimate without it getting cluttered up, so I don't give it to homeowners.

For blueprint bids and general contractors, I use QB only.

·
17,846 Posts
Word document here as well, if I don't email it I do like Chris and make two copies and print it out.

I often will print a couple out with the info learned on the phone and will fill in the details if they need one on the spot.

·
Lambrecht Painting
1,607 Posts
300 bucks for a fresh steamer in the back yard. LMAO

Reactions: 6126

·
Born 2 Paint
5,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the samples. I dont have Office, Word, or Excel on either of my computers but it probably would be a good investment.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts