Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A customer just had a brick store front painted last week. She doesnt like the color and just wants me to repaint over... errr. (have no idea what the last guys used for primer) dont like the idea of doing this Job but I'm assuming the best approach would be to scuff and just repaint it... what would you guys do??

·
Painting & More
564 Posts
Why doesn't she have them repaint it?

They would know what they used.

Depending on what it is and the weather where you are, it may not even be cured yet.

Have fun and head on over to the introductions threads.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ill tell you the story.

The owner of the rental property paid to have 1 entire section of his rental property painted which is rented by two separate businesses. The lady of one of the business absolutely hates the color (glossy yellow) and beside that the job looks horrible and was half Done by some cheapos. We live in a small town here in Kennett, mo. Was probably done by a family owned construction crew that knows about as much about painting as I know about the Spanish inquisition in 1475. :rolleyes: Anyways, she calls the owner and complains as the rest of downtown complains with her because he went against the color scheme that was chosen by the city for all buildings downtown, and again... looks whacked. He said if she didn't like it she could have it repainted at here expense and that is what she is doing. Well, no legal action has been taken yet, but the lady wants her side of the building painted some cracks filled etc... It will be a few weeks before it can be painted. Its a small job about 400 sqf... Any work turned down here is a big loss. There are no real painting crews in this area and I just recently took on my first job as a "professional" and am currently working on it. My current job referred that job to me before I even got started :) I am assuming if I fix what downtown hates there is a good chance I will win most if not all the future work of the down town businesses. Thank you for the welcoming. I know I really need to do a detailed introduction.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
You have no idea how funny that is. Every where I go every one is talking about it! haha. We are gonna go with the victorian romanticism color scheme from sw. (Its what some 'city comittee' chose for downtown). This is one of the decent buildings that it is next to, oddly they didnt follow the color scheme either!!! Atleast it looks good..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the pic

fireston dealer.jpg Still figuring out how to post. couldnt upload to a quick reply,... only option was for an html image

·
Registered
53 Posts
yea its not real flash lol like suggested i'd get those bricks re-mortered and just go over it. they gonna be putting up signage or something? needs some colour otherwise no matter what colour you put on it its just gonna be one big bland wall

·
Registered
7,235 Posts
Hard to tell for sure, but the yellow looks considerable more than 400sqft to me.
If you're buying the paint, you might wanna measure it. (I'd figure about 200sf per gal too..depending on how you're gonna apply it)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yep!

yea its not real flash lol like suggested i'd get those bricks re-mortered and just go over it. they gonna be putting up signage or something? needs some colour otherwise no matter what colour you put on it its just gonna be one big bland wall
Yea.. the bricks are gonna be fixed and we are gonna be doing a base 'tanish' color with some designs in a 'maroonish' color. and possibly some dark grey choarcoalish.... it will be the victorian romanticism color scheme from sw... I will post up pics of finished product but all the work will be done as weather permits... and i got to wait for brick work to get finished.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yep!

Hard to tell for sure, but the yellow looks considerable more than 400sqft to me.
If you're buying the paint, you might wanna measure it. (I'd figure about 200sf per gal too..depending on how you're gonna apply it)
You are right the yellow is considerably more than 400sf.. but only the customer to the left here will be getting her side painted. The goof next door on the end had the entire section painted with out consulting her. Paint this side.jpg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts