Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am opening a Florida office for a California building contractor, and would be extremely appreciative and grateful for any guidance or advice from anyone on this forum. Our financing partners, Wells Fargo and GE Cap, require the license, (Florida does not recognize a Ca License, no reciprocity I discovered quickly), to be 2 years old. I went through licensing process to establish and qualify us in Florida, and run the company's production- but it appears we, and I, may need a qualifier for a period of 2 years before our lending partners (or at least 2 of them), to work with our account. If anyone here knows the best approach to finding, evaluating, pricing, a qualifier, please let me know. Additionally, if anyone on site has any input or guidance, or knows someone who might be suitable, or have any advice, I would be extremely grateful. Thank you!

Thomas

·
A Brush Above
4,669 Posts
What field are you in?

Financing for what?

If you already have lending institutions shouldnt it be based on the parent company or are you a franchise?

Simple answer on here is it doesnt take much to be a painter but if you are trying to run subs then the cashflow is what your looking for?

Im assuming your not a painter and if you are is your model larger scale contracts? Vendors such as paint and material suppliers can give you net 30 or set by job longer-

Are you trying to rent/buy/build? What do you need financing for?

Need more info to even attempt a qualified answer.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Sounds like a residential GC? You need some capital to put in a development in Florida. Or even just to finance some spec houses till they're sold?

Your about knee deep into the project when the bank informed you that you need two years existing Florida GC license for them to finance a project in Florida.

So you looking to partner up with someone. They provide the license, you provide the financing and business systems. Basically renting a GC license.

Right?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts