Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

61 - 80 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I suppose so... national launch should be in late Q3

do you know if all dealers offer it in those states or just select dealers?
i really want to buy a gallon to test it myself on a couple surfaces.

any idea who would ship to WI?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Only select dealers currently have it on hand in the test area. You could ask Hikes Point Paint in Louisville to ship it to you. They're the closest one to you that currently has it from what I hear. 2nd option would be The Painted Horse in Lexington. I believe those guys have shipping capability.

·
Super Moderator
Journeyman Painting Contractor
2,580 Posts
Yes, my BM rep here in Eastern Canada said he would have some for me in August. Interested to check it out.

·
Super Moderator
6,538 Posts
Folks at my local BM supplier still have no idea what I'm talking about when I ask about this. Then again, we've never actually met a BM rep.

·
Super Moderator
2,580 Posts
Folks at my local BM supplier still have no idea what I'm talking about when I ask about this. Then again, we've never actually met a BM rep.
Weird. Ian Callihan is the Rep for BM here in Atlantic Canada. He's all over it. Then again, your pretty remote up in Northern Ontario is it?

·
Monarchski
120 Posts
They were displaying the product at my local dealer in new orleans yesterday. More of an industrial product sticks to anything and 15 min dry. Said it was a product similar to ppg breakthrough . waterborne urethane satin and gloss.
I'm curious about it as a cabinet paint.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm curious about it as a cabinet paint.
i tried the satin yesterday, it seems a bit of dull finish to me.

i rolled an old oak base molding, just as a test, it did stick to it, no problem

the biggest issue for me is the really quick dry time, seems worse than BM Advance in rolling it. not much time to correct mistakes, if any. maybe i need to thin it a bit?

·
Super Moderator
2,580 Posts

i rolled an old oak base molding, just as a test, it did stick to it, no problem

the biggest issue for me is the really quick dry time, seems worse than BM Advance in rolling it. not much time to correct mistakes, if any. maybe i need to thin it a bit?
How did you get your hands on some? I have a feeling, its more designed for spray application. Maybe try some extender for brushing properties.

·
Super Moderator
6,959 Posts

The quick dry time is what I'm hoping for. I brush and roll bin and v50 Breakthrough all the time so I'm no stranger to it

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

61 - 80 of 109 Posts