Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
I'm Colour Blind
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what is the outcome then?

Now the OP is CLOSED?
Surely it cannot be left in limbo. Afterall, it was a good OP and debate.

It is a privalege to nearly get IBTL :yes:
That goes to fresh coat on this one. Hat off to you, Sir!!!

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
I think there were a lot of great posts in there, but I think it was at the "beating a dead horse" stage and starting to turn personal, seems like there were some posts deleted. I am sure the mod that did it had their reasons and the best interests of the board in mind.
Until Nathan makes a statement or changes we will have to continue on. I think someone mentioned self policing in one of the posts, let's all try to post with the general good of the forum in mind.
Remember
"None of us is as good as all of us"

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
No outcome. NEPS upset the mods, got his post deleted and it was locked. It's a pity really but it doesn't look like there'll be any changes anyway. I think NEPS and vermontpainter hit it on the head when they said Nathan don't seem to bother about this place much any more.

Oh well, onward and downward...

·
Registered
1,883 Posts

Now the OP is CLOSED?
Yeah I agree. I hope this kind of enforcement is a result of flared emotions, and not a sign of things to come.

My thread encouraging people to keep in contact with NEPS and encourage him to stick around got deleted.

·
Banned
3,297 Posts

Now the OP is CLOSED?

It is a privalege to nearly get IBTL :yes:
That goes to fresh coat on this one. Hat off to you, Sir!!!
Mist - Just to let you know how un-hip I am, I had to go and google IBTL and sure enough got the definition. The IBTL is due to pure skill and experience. Nothing to do with luck:whistling2:

·
I'm Colour Blind
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mist - Just to let you know how un-hip I am, I had to go and google IBTL and sure enough got the definition. The IBTL is due to pure skill and experience. Nothing to do with luck:whistling2:
I am old and I had to Google it too.

·
I'm Colour Blind
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No outcome. NEPS upset the mods, got his post deleted and it was locked. It's a pity really but it doesn't look like there'll be any changes anyway. I think NEPS and vermontpainter hit it on the head when they said Nathan don't seem to bother about this place much any more.

Oh well, onward and downward...
NEPS post is what disappeared b4 my eyes. It seemed subliminal. I knew it wasn't me.
Good post NEPS.
It made I larf :thumbsup:

I hear yer, BUT, I personally do not doubt daArch's or PWG's ability as mods.
They are mods, not Gods of painters (and from my small time posting, that is my view). They have Moderating experience and throw out (hopefully) the 5hit and the 5hit only!!!
Correct me if I'm wrong or out of line.

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
the winter cabin fever has boiled over. Things are tight. We don't want to give our knowledge away and help someone who doesn't deserve the knowledge. Take us back 10yrs and I bet because there was no internet alone 3/4 of us would have been doing WAY better than now because the hard earned info wasn't just a click, a google, a post on a pro forum away.

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
NEPS post is what disappeared b4 my eyes. It seemed subliminal. I knew it wasn't me.
Good post NEPS.
It made I larf :thumbsup:

I hear yer, BUT, I personally do not doubt daArch's or PWG's ability as mods.
They are mods, not Gods of painters (and from my small time posting, that is my view). They have Moderating experience and throw out (hopefully) the 5hit and the 5hit only!!!
Correct me if I'm wrong or out of line.
I agree with you, Mist. I thought it was an innocent enough post but I'm not going to question the Mod's reasons. Walk a mile in their shoes before passing any judgement. Man, that has to be a thankless job. RCP said it best. So, let's just keep on keepin' on.

·
I'm Colour Blind
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I agree with you, Mist. I thought it was an innocent enough post but I'm not going to question the Mod's reasons. Walk a mile in their shoes before passing any judgement. Man, that has to be a thankless job. RCP said it best. So, let's just keep on keepin' on.
Abso-bloody-lutely, fresh coat :yes:,,, apart from the fact that this forum is titled PaintTalk - Professional Painters Forum. ;) :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts