161 - 180 of 219 Posts

·
Registered
5,515 Posts
Your awsome!!!!

Who you stealing internet from tonight?
ZING!!!POW!!!

lol,
Ditching the internet for a 3G network was the smartest move I could have made during this time of reducing household overhead during the slow economy.
Besides, the kids aren't fighting over it anymore, the monthly bill has decreased by 45%, now I can afford to splurge on my family's needs instead of responding to the many sloppy and slanderous posts from you...

the list goes on.

and on.

P.S. Your spelling and grammar is especially atrocious this evening...

:(

·
Born To Be Mild
4,956 Posts
How about this ......a simple chat room that you need to have a qualifying post count in order to view or join?

Can we have a special super secret handshake?

AND...a tree house!

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
In that case, I'd hate to see you in an argumentative mood :blink:
Come on Tool, bring up a quote from this thread that is argumentative. I tried this earlier w/ Scottie but got nothing. Maybe I am coming acrossed as something I am not intending. I am being sincere, when I ask that you pull up an argumetative quote from me. P.S. Make it recent!:thumbup:

Silence. Is that because you were unable to justify or you don't have the time or energy to support your BS? Don't take that as me being nasty. Just back up what you say - know what I mean?

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
Come on Tool, bring up a quote from this thread that is argumentative. I tried this earlier w/ Scottie but got nothing. Maybe I am coming acrossed as something I am not intending. I am being sincere, when I ask that you pull up an argumetative quote from me. P.S. Make it recent!:thumbup:
Erm how about, some members here see you as argumentative and you're saying you're not.

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
Erm how about, some members here see you as argumentative and you're saying you're not.
I am not defending myself. But, do you have a specific example. Again, none of your crazy pics but an actual recent quote to support those accusations. I am not tryin' to make this about me but, I keep hearing this stuff and haven't been able to see any examples.

·
The Lurker
3,514 Posts
Your missing the point. This has nothing to do with making PT private. Keep the site as is. I love .....why do think I am here every day. I enjoy reading and fighting with you guys. All am is saying is that the addition to a members only thread could be a nice addition.

VP and I are not members of a private forum. It is a public forum that is run very tighly and efficiently. It is not a painting forum but I think it would be disrespectful to the PT owners and mods to publicize the forum.
is it the same one I am thinking of that I goto sometimes??

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Well, we have a post about stress and we have a post about a private section on PT. I think both of these have something in common. One of the main reasons we are so stressed out is, we are finding out that it really is harder these days to make a living.I think (we feel) we have to protect what little resources we have. We are less giving with our knowledge we have because we don't want it to be used against us.I think if the economy was better we would not be having this thread.
It is very common to want to hoard, and not share with others when people feel threaten.I also think that it is good that we are talking about this because we really get to know each other, and it's just a good thread anyway.At least we can vent, and I really don't think anyone has gotten too upset so far.

·
Banned
14,174 Posts
Well, we have a post about stress and we have a post about a private section on PT. I think both of these have something in common. One of the main reasons we are so stressed out is, we are finding out that it really is harder these days to make a living.I think (we feel) we have to protect what little resources we have. We are less giving with our knowledge we have because we don't want it to be used against us.I think if the economy was better we would not be having this thread.
It is very common to want to hoard, and not share with others when people feel threaten.I also think that it is good that we are talking about this because we really get to know each other, and it's just a good thread anyway.At least we can vent, and I really don't think anyone has gotten too upset so far.
So can you give a recommendation to Greg in the Rot Iron thread.

·
Registered
14,407 Posts
I think it is pretty funny that anyone thinks that people here are threatened and reluctant to share knowledge. There is plenty of sharing between the legit contractors here. Sharing with the blatantly unqualified is like giving a drink to an alcoholic. You are not helping them.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
I think it is pretty funny that anyone thinks that people here are threatened and reluctant to share knowledge. There is plenty of sharing between the legit contractors here. Sharing with the blatantly unqualified is like giving a drink to an alcoholic. You are not helping them.
Sounds good.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
  1. You will use some emotional subjectivity that cannot be quantified or measured other than when you experiance a little indigestion. Or your hemmoroids act up.
  2. You will form your own "super special secret clique within a clique" probably with a special (and secret) password, a super special handshake and your own tree house.
Grow up and grow some. If your cooter itches I'll send you some vagasil.

You sound like a bunch of whinning, infantile, self righteous, indignant, egotistical jerks.
Guess what dude?

You know who sounds like they are whining, is YOU.

If you don't agree with the ideas we are presenting here then fine. If you think the ideas are wrong, then fine.

Give your reasoning to the contrary, or IGNORE THE THREAD.

I haven't been saying derogatory remarks to anyone, and I have given very valid reasons for my suggestions.

As far as I am concerned for you to start taking it upon yourself to throw remarks around, YOU are the one who is whining.

For you to get involved with this thread for that purpose is pure drama.

That is what I consider whining. I am giving you the very diplomatic version of how I view your post.

There are several people here who are experienced professional painters trying to bring up valid issues pertaining to our concerns about the bleeding out of how we make a living, we are trying to suss out a way to eliminate dealing with people who are here to bleed us of that information.

We are trying to brainstorm, and discuss different ideas on the topic.

What exactly is your authority to command us not to have this discussion Your Majesty?

I can't imagine any professional painter having a problem with this discussion, but apparently you do. It takes all types I guess.

I don't really give a sh*t that much that you are chiming in with smart remarks, but when you said we were whining that is really taking the cake, because by you not just ignoring this thread and starting hurl remarks around YOU ARE WHINING.

Irony much?

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
Guess what dude?

You know who sounds like they are whining, is YOU.

If you don't agree with the ideas we are presenting here then fine. If you think the ideas are wrong, then fine.

Give your reasoning to the contrary, or IGNORE THE THREAD.

I haven't been saying derogatory remarks to anyone, and I have given very valid reasons for my suggestions.

As far as I am concerned for you to start taking it upon yourself to throw remarks around, YOU are the one who is whining.

For you to get involved with this thread for that purpose is pure drama.

That is what I consider whining. I am giving you the very diplomatic version of how I view your post.

There are several people here who are experienced professional painters trying to bring up valid issues pertaining to our concerns about the bleeding out of how we make a living, we are trying to suss out a way to eliminate dealing with people who are here to bleed us of that information.

We are trying to brainstorm, and discuss different ideas on the topic.

What exactly is your authority to command us not to have this discussion Your Majesty?

I can't imagine any professional painter having a problem with this discussion, but apparently you do. It takes all types I guess.

I don't really give a sh*t that much that you are chiming in with smart remarks, but when you said we were whining that is really taking the cake, because by you not just ignoring this thread and starting hurl remarks around YOU ARE WHINING.

Irony much?
If you re-read your post - I am pretty sure you just backed up what BB was sayin'.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Scott, I really do think you are right about this, all I'm saying is, in times like now, it just floats a lot of issues to the top. Don't you think?

161 - 180 of 219 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.