Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Like it or not, green and environmentally friendly coatings is becoming a big part of the industry. This new forum topic is dedicated to the topic.

Enjoy :thumbsup:
Almost all water borne paints now are low voc paints.I guess it will get to the point where the goverment will pay us to paint, because it will help save the planet for every gallon we lay down.

·
Almost Gone
10,730 Posts
I don't know if "environmentally friendly" is the right word, but I don't think arguing semantics is the point of this topic.

low Voc as I understand it, is about a more healthy paint to be around. It doesn't have all that icky stuff to breathe in. Not sure where the "green" connotation is coming from. Seems to be more about marketing that anything else.

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
I just read this article and googled "green painting practices" and several threads from PT dominated the search results, george Z's site was first page also!

·
17,818 Posts
No reason to spam us with your first post, as we are a group of painters and will not be your customers. Please feel free to put your website in your signature and post an into >>>>here<<<<

Hopefully you are here for more than just one post to spam your company and will return to contribute into the green section and other sections of the forum as I am sure many would like to hear your contributions.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Y.Painting -

You can easily seo your cities for "green" painters/painting. The problem is that not many people will type in those keywords. I would still seo it, because anyone that googles it, will hire you. Emphasize that you specialize in green coatings, but that they cost the same as "regular." Right now, not too many people will pay premiums for green stuff.

·
17,818 Posts
my 1st post here, been doing alot of browsing.3rd yr painting contractor , what is ur best advice for networking to get my name out their n find jobs?
You should go to http://www.painttalk.com/f3/ introductions page and tell us a bit about yourself.

Are you asking from a green perspective or just in general to get the phone ringing? The reason I ask is because you posted this in the green painting section so I am not sure.

·
Registered
21 Posts
You should go to http://www.painttalk.com/f3/ introductions page and tell us a bit about yourself.

Are you asking from a green perspective or just in general to get the phone ringing? The reason I ask is because you posted this in the green painting section so I am not sure.
Idid the intro last night yes im looking for ways to get the phone to ring more, any help would be great.thankyou workoholic for ur time

1 - 20 of 57 Posts