Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Nicholas here. I'm relatively new to this business and extremely grateful for such a tremendous resource this website has been. I finished up my bachelors degree in accounting in '09, and realized quickly being an employee at a CPA firm was not my calling.

I spend my free time surfing, freedive spearfishing, fishing, and other ocean stuff. Getting "out of the bucket," and turning my new business into a well oiled machine is a means to that end. Not to mention security for my future family.

I've been doing apartment and condo turnovers on and off for a few years for a property management company (self- employed). I'm confidant with my cut and roll and have done a few jobs with an airless and growing more comfortable spraying. My contractors license exam is on the 29th and I am preparing hard. My application has been accepted.

I feel that my salesmanship , professionalism, resourcefulness, and ability to learn are my biggest strengths. My trade knowledge has a long way to go, though, and hopefully some of the vets here can coach me along the way on all aspects of running my business. Looking forward to contribute to the board. Thanks for all the great info everyone. :notworthy:

-Nicholas

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
I passed both my exams and was issued my license today. It feels good to be officially up and running. Looking forward to a challenging and rewarding 2012.
congrats bud, what numbers are they on now?

Pat

1 - 20 of 24 Posts