Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow members,

Have been in the painting business for over yrs Started just after coming out of service (USMC) with a painting job that took me around the world and in 47 of the states. We painted radar domes that housed the antennae that search for incoming rockets. After returning to college for a few years, I dropped out and went to work for a local company in North Carolina(my home state) ; painting water tanks and TV antennas. After finishing a large water tank inside and out, I was laid off due to lack of more work. I then decided to start my own business (Hydrochem Inc.) painting residential houses emphasizing .pressure washing before painting to remove mildew and dirt. I eventually broke into the commercial and institutional market painting for Bristol Myers, Glaxo, and the North Carolina Governors Mansion. After 12 yrs of being with Bristol Meyers, my superintendent stole my business there and I decided to jump into a new business specializing in painting concrete floors. That was a moved at the time I was unsure about, but later on had no regrets. My business now is Floorchem Inc.(love the chem thing, must have been all of the chemistry at NCSU) and have been doing floors ever since. Hope that my different experiences can add light to this forum.:thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts