Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

Administrator
Oh gawd forbid someone gets one here and pretends to be me oh what a tragedy that would be...:whistling2:
I agree, one of you is more than enough.

Thanks for keeping us all safe big brother...:rolleyes:
Well someone has to do it. ;)

Seriously, I've never heard heard from any one that any kind of security breach is a good thing. For some it might not be a big deal if their PT password were compromised. But as Ryan said, for others it could be a huge deal.

Super Moderator
Exactly. I'd kind of rather hear that the company that owns the site actually gives a crap about the security and privacy of members information.

How many people would be on here if in the TOS section regarding this subject they simply said "Meh, not our problem"?

That's assuming of course that more that 5% of the people on here read the TOS.

Registered
If this is the best excuse someone can come up with to stop being a member...so be it.
It's like:

Walking out of a restaurant because they gave you a menu to read, or

Quitting work because the public transportation you've been taking for eight years has offered a new commute card, or

Abandoning your car at the bridge because they require an additional dollar, or

Withdrawing all of your investments from a well performing stock investment because the online site requires a new password, or

No longer wearing underwear because Jockey prints the label on the fabric now rather than sewing on a tag, or...

Registered
I don't want to add a new topic thread so I'll just add to this one.

Ever since the password reset I've been totally unable to sign in. With my temporary password and old password over again only to get suspended from trying due to too many attempts.

I submitted a reset password but never got an email to reset my password. Yes, I checked my spam folder.

I tried starting a new profile. I verified my account, went to log in and got a "incorrect username or password"!!!!

I tried finding any contact us email for help and couldn't find any way to reach a moderator or web master.

I tried replying to the painttalk email I got that originally changed my password. No reply.

So after massive determination, I have finally succeeded to make a new profile and get into this elite painting club with a password combination more complex than my online banking, that I will no doubt forget, request to reset ONLY TO RECEIVE NOTHING!

Okay, I'm done. Just had to pass my experience along. With all that said, I'm glad to be back.

Super Moderator
I might also add that a short PM (or even a thread) asking the mods or Admin for clarification about the status of your password might have been a more mature way to deal with this rather than making a public declaration of your frustration and resulting decision to leave.
That's not how a pity party works ya know.

Registered
Don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I'll try it.

I had to get a new iphone today and now I need to reload the mobile app for PT. I searched for PaintTalk.com in the apps and came up with nothing. I need some help here.

PaInTeR ExTrAoRdInAiRe

I had to get a new iphone today and now I need to reload the mobile app for PT. I searched for PaintTalk.com in the apps and came up with nothing. I need some help here.
IPhone?? Pfffff!!

Registered
Go ahead and donate what few points I have to the hope account, us mobile users never earned any, so there shouldn't be much. I will now be looking for other contractor forums where members are treated better, so if you see a Driftweed out there, it's more than likely me.

See ya on the other side fellows, and feel free to email me suggestions for other forums, as I won't be back here for quite some time to check replies.
Damn
What a crushing blow to the professional painting community:(

Registered

IPhone?? Pfffff!!
Well this ain't working. Thought I had a young techno-hip painter friend out in West Texas who might help me out. So much for that sh!t. :jester:
@Rbriggs82, hey Ryan, having trouble finding the mobile app for my new iphone. Any suggestions?

Super Moderator
Well this ain't working. Thought I had a young techno-hip painter friend out in West Texas who might help me out. So much for that sh!t. :jester:

@Rbriggs82, hey Ryan, having trouble finding the mobile app for my new iphone. Any suggestions?
From what I understand there isn't a pt app for iPhone only Android. iPhone users should get an app called Tapatalk. It works much like the pt app but has the ability to work with multiple forums. Once you get it add painttalk, put in you login info, and you're set.

Registered
From what I understand there isn't a pt app for iPhone only Android. iPhone users should get an app called Tapatalk. It works much like the pt app but has the ability to work with multiple forums. Once you get it add painttalk, put in you login info, and you're set.
Thanks, Ryan. That worked but I'm gonna miss the old PT app.

Ah well, the only constant in this world is change. You'd think I'd be used to it by now. :(

Administrator
That's not how a pity party works ya know.
Of course after making such a public declaration of his inability to set a new password, it's not as if he could just come back in here with a simple, "Oops, my mistake. Just didn't realize how easy it was to fix this. Sorry."

Oh, wait a minute... yes he could.

21 - 40 of 73 Posts