Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm Pete and I am new to Paint Talk. I have 15 years experience in building maintenance, building maintenance management, and construction management. I retired eight years ago and have been bored out of my mind so I decided to apply for work and got nothing. Don't know if my age, 60, or my resume, but no callbacks so I decided to start doing residential house painting and so far I can't complain, the work has been coming in but I am not getting swamped so that is good or bad depending how you look at it. Just wanted to say hey.

· Administrator
professional painting contractor - retired
22,342 Posts
Welcome. Lot’s of good info here for someone starting out.

Dan

· Administrator
professional painting contractor - retired
22,342 Posts
Yeah, don’t think any of us here at PT should be trying to diagnose anyone else’s medical condition. Best they get an appointment with an actual medical professional and seek their opinion rather than take advice from someone who wants to play one on a painters’ forum.

· Super Moderator
Journeyman Painting Contractor
4,410 Posts
I've noticed my hands tend to lock when holding the brush for too long. I'm hoping that's to be expected.
Yes, to be expected when one is holding a loaded brush for 8 hours straight. I consciously try to switch my tasks up through the day as to not be doing "1" thing for the whole day. Tendinitis, carpletunnel, tennis elbow are all too common in the painting trade and can set you back weeks. Be aware of your body. It doesn't get any easier the older we get!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts