Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, How is every one? I'm new to the site, but I own a business with my partner. I was a Handyman for a few years and after finding success with that, I went to Contractor Trade School. That's where I met my business partner. Although, I went on to work by myself a couple more years, I brought him on and our jobs and income just got bigger. Look forward to learning about the trade more, and learning about the members.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi welcome. I asked another dallas painter this but: How come no one uses 14" or 18" rollers down there?
I did once, but for some reason I didn't good coverage on the wall. Its like the roller was straighter than the actual drywall. So what ended up happening was, that there was a dip in the middle. Hope that makes sense.

·
Premium Member
15,215 Posts
I did once, but for some reason I didn't good coverage on the wall. Its like the roller was straighter than the actual drywall. So what ended up happening was, that there was a dip in the middle. Hope that makes sense.
That's the best argument I've seen for not using anything larger than a 9" roller.

Welcome aboard!

·
Administrator
19,921 Posts
Welcome to the group!

·
Super Moderator
6,959 Posts
Welcome! That's exactly why I don't use them either.

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
I saw some bamboo poles that were really good at a flea market one time.

Thought I’d try out one of the Bamboo Poles you mentioned.
They were somewhat hard to find. Definitely strong and light, but not sure yet if it will catch on with the crew.

-use a 2-4’ Everlock daily (not shown)
-Bates 1-3’ also daily- best! for halls, bathrooms, and hard to reach areas exterior. Love this pole, have several, and use them often.

-4-8 (infrequently) only for vaulted ceilings.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts