Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Any product receomendations for a new concrete (heated) floor, that would look good and also be durable? Anything tan-colored would be an option.

Half of the building will have tires on it (used for storing trailers and vehicles), the other part will be a workspace that will get medium-to-light duty use.

·
Super Moderator
Journeyman Painting Contractor
3,033 Posts
I'm sure some of the epoxy flooring guys will chime in. Thats definitely the route to go, especially if there's going to be tires on it.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If it were me I'd grind it, use SW TileClad with a heavy broadcast of flakes and SW Rexthane for a clear coat. Something like this if you're going for a tan.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

@rbriggs,
Thanks, for the suggestion.

Could you clarify...what do you mean you would grind it? Floor has not been poured yet, any suggestions how floor should be finished (ie., steel float finish, or other)?

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
If the floor has not been poured make sure the concrete guys do not put any cure or sealer on it. You will have to wait 30 days before any coating and you may have to do a basic moisture test before any coating.

·
Super Moderator
7,024 Posts
@rbriggs,

Thanks, for the suggestion.

Could you clarify...what do you mean you would grind it? Floor has not been poured yet, any suggestions how floor should be finished (ie., steel float finish, or other)?
I'm not sure what the technical term is for it but I'd want it to feel like 80-100 grit sandpaper. Normally I achieve that by diamond grinding a smooth floor. Like kmp said any cure or sealer in it and you'll have to wait prior to coating.

·
Super Moderator
7,024 Posts
The newer epoxies are a wonderful way to make many surfaces look amazing..Proper prep is a must.. Endless possibility's with the dyes and tints available.
That kind of stuff is amazing, I'd love to dip a toe into it but I haven't had any time to figure out products and test anything yet. Been using my current system to the last seven years without issue which makes venturing out past my comfort zone more difficult.

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The newer epoxies are a wonderful way to make many surfaces look amazing..Proper prep is a must.. Endless possibility's with the dyes and tints available.
@ Delta,

Could you be more specific please...
What are the "new" epoxies, and what does "proper prep" look like? Could you include a link or something?

I would like to learn more about them, but I know next to nothing about Epoxy and New epoxies. Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts