Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Paint Nerd
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did some searching on this topic, but nothing stood out to me.

So, How many of you actually do a newsletter. If so, print, email, or both? What has the feedback from it been?

We are a fairly young business. Our client list isn't long, but it is extremely valuable. Thinking of doing a monthly newsletter, just to keep our name fresh in their minds.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
We do a newsletter monthly. Do we get jobs from the letter...not sure, but when they are looking for a painter, our newsletter is at the house. We mail them out, two pages printed on the front and back. We have a color laser printer that we use. Careful, we go through a lot of ink.
Good luck.

·
Born To Be Mild
4,956 Posts
I am just getting started, but it is packaged with my website, seo and other stuff. In other words, I don't write it, just insert my logos and stuff. Hope it works out, but like Premier, I am trying to keep my name in front of them.

·
Paint Nerd
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm thinking of using Constant Contact. Anyone heard of 'em? Or used 'em? I know emails don't necessarily have the shelf live of an actual letter that is printed, but I think it will help us keep the costs down a little bit. I messed around with CC a couple years ago, but now it seems like they have improved their stuff a little...Anything to keep your logo and name in front of ppl!;)

·
Paint Nerd
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am just getting started, but it is packaged with my website, seo and other stuff. In other words, I don't write it, just insert my logos and stuff. Hope it works out, but like Premier, I am trying to keep my name in front of them.

BB, is that a Footbridge Site?

·
PinheadsUnite
30,724 Posts
Be careful about spamming people with unsolicited email, you may create more animosity than good will.

If this idea ever crossed my mind, I would make sure I had written permission beforehand and an absolute foolproof opt-out process once CC starts an email marketing "campaign".

I was the recipient once of an earlier attempt for info I thought was harmless. My e-address was sold to other predators and I was deluged by hundreds of UCE per week. Luckily I had the opportunity to switch ISP's not long after this intense headache began.

·
Paint Nerd
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Be careful about spamming people with unsolicited email, you may create more animosity than good will.

If this idea ever crossed my mind, I would make sure I had written permission beforehand and an absolute foolproof opt-out process once CC starts an email marketing "campaign".

I was the recipient once of an earlier attempt for info I thought was harmless. My e-address was sold to other predators and I was deluged by hundreds of UCE per week. Luckily I had the opportunity to switch ISP's not long after this intense headache began.
I am only talking about emailing a newsletter to current and past customers. There will be an opt-out also. They can select to not receive the newsletter anymore if they want.

·
Born To Be Mild
4,956 Posts
I would do it. Every month is not too much. They will or will not read it if they are busy. I'd also ask them too forward it to friends if they find it interesting.

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
I get a ton of email newsletters. I usually look at the subject line and source before I open it. If I am in a hurry, I'll just delete it.

Make sure your subject line is catchy.
Add content besides painting, "winterizing time, here is what to do" community news and events, recent jobs, coupons etc.

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
I get a ton of email newsletters. I usually look at the subject line and source before I open it. If I am in a hurry, I'll just delete it.

Make sure your subject line is catchy.
Add content besides painting, "winterizing time, here is what to do" community news and events, recent jobs, coupons etc.
If you've got a newsletter with all of the above (along w/ some links) then does it increase your seo? I would think it would. I've got the ability to send one out monthly (created by our website provider) but haven't done so yet.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
If you've got a newsletter with all of the above (along w/ some links) then does it increase your seo? I would think it would. I've got the ability to send one out monthly (created by our website provider) but haven't done so yet.
No, unless your newsletter gets published on a website that can be crawled by google/etc and the search engines can pick up on those links you are talking about.

If you are just emailing the newsletter, there is no way for search engines to see those links and there would not be any benefit for SEO.

·
Paint Nerd
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea, Fresh, that same provider (FB, right?) would be the source for mine too.:)

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
It is not done for SEO, Yars explained it well, although if I did one, I would certainly publish it, blog, webpage, twitter, Facebook, etc.

I would do to brand yourself, offer a service to the customer, keep your name visible.

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
No, unless your newsletter gets published on a website that can be crawled by google/etc and the search engines can pick up on those links you are talking about.

If you are just emailing the newsletter, there is no way for search engines to see those links and there would not be any benefit for SEO.
It is published on our website but you can only get it if you request it through our website. Does that help seo? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
It is published on our website but you can only get it if you request it through our website. Does that help seo? Thanks.
It all depends on whether or not the search engine bots can see it. Can they get to it without having to sign-up/give email/input a password? If it's not out these to freely access by all without any requests, the bots can't get to it and thus it does nothing for SEO. Lastly, even if it was freely accessible, the links would need to be "follow" links. Some website restrict links to "nonfollow" (read more about that on wiki).

Provide a link for me to look at what you are talking about.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts