Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my biggest leads engines was the local newspaper we had in Clermont. I know that this isn't true in all areas but I thought I would show you an ad that worked well for me and maybe others could share too?

This ad ran at a 1/4 page size and appeared weekly. I think it worked because it was attractive, had a good amount of contrast, and stated what we did in bold letters across the top.

What has worked for you? :jester:

·
Systems Fanatic
1,390 Posts
We have more than 12 sources for leads: yellow pages (2 different ads), customer retention, referrals, home shows, direct mail, job site signs, BBB, Service Magic, magazines, newspapers, HOA newsletters, web site, and a few I forget.

In any given month we'll get a leads from many of these sources. It seems when one source is slow, another picks up the slack. The bottom line is we get a steady flow of leads.

Brian Phillips

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a ad in the "Yellow Book" main ad under painting,2 under pressure washing and deck staining. Lately all of my calls are asking for estimates to clean and restain decks.I'm so busy right now with painting that I can't even think about decks. I have been thinking about dropping my ad It dosen't draw enough painting estimates or jobs

·
Registered
217 Posts
I've been working with reliable remodeler instead of service magic... slow here with them but, they qualify leads and it's ALOT cheaper.

·
Paint to ride!
230 Posts
How may clients use the credit cards, do you find it very usefull or just a little?:)

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had about 50% of my clients use credit cards. That may be a subject for another thread but I think it's very important!

·
Paint to ride!
230 Posts
Wow that is a lot , didn't expect that much. I saw an add for a paint contractor and he just put PayPal's logo on his add,I wonderd if he got any takers that way, guess so.:thumbup:

·
House Painting Reading PA
419 Posts
****Nathan****

I thought that may catch your eye. I am thinking of getting a 800 number, but want feedback from others who use it. The company keeps telling me that is is a good marketing tool. Is it in your opinion, because in the past when I am looking for a company to do something and see 800 I goto the next person.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I thought that may catch your eye. I am thinking of getting a 800 number, but want feedback from others who use it. The company keeps telling me that is is a good marketing tool. Is it in your opinion, because in the past when I am looking for a company to do something and see 800 I goto the next person.
I had a 800 number because the area I was in was a (352) are code and a lot of my clients were in a (407) area code. I was right on the line between the two of them and I thought a 800 number would be easier. It worked well for me because we kind of came off as a big company even though we were not however I wouldn't go this way if I didn't have to.

I think people automatically think "this guy isn't local" when they see a 800 number. But who knows. I will tell you though that when I advertised in a paper that had a 352 area code as it's reader base I would always use my local number.

·
House Painting Reading PA
419 Posts
What kind of newspaper did you put it in? I am in Florida also and you know how expensive things are here. Did you put it in the Orlando main paper or a off shoot? I would imagine the Florida Times here in Jax would charge a pretty penny for that ad.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What kind of newspaper did you put it in? I am in Florida also and you know how expensive things are here. Did you put it in the Orlando main paper or a off shoot? I would imagine the Florida Times here in Jax would charge a pretty penny for that ad.
I never advertised in the big daily papers. It's way too expensive and I don't think the results would justify the cost.
I tried to find community newspapers that where mailed out to peoples homes once a week. The one I advertised in was a "shopper" newspaper meaning there were more ads in than stories and the few stories they did have were really bad. But for some reason it worked and it worked well.

Every area is different though and sometimes newspaper advertising just doesn't work. Val-pak was my #1 leads engine every month and I know a lot of guys who get nothing from them. One thing that sucked in my area though was Internet leads. 50% of my community was retired and it was really hard to get anyone to do anything online which sucked because I had a good website.

·
Registered
18 Posts
One of my biggest leads engines was the local newspaper we had in Clermont. I know that this isn't true in all areas but I thought I would show you an ad that worked well for me and maybe others could share too?

This ad ran at a 1/4 page size and appeared weekly. I think it worked because it was attractive, had a good amount of contrast, and stated what we did in bold letters across the top.

What has worked for you? :jester:
Hi Nathan

Successful ads are golden. Yours is no exception.

The one thing that sticks out the most for me is your slogan" We can't make you choose between Service & Quality " It's absolutely brilliant.

I wonder what would happen if it were the head line. To me it's your unique selling position. It's what makes you special.

As a consumer, service & quality get my attention. Move me to read more. Compel me to call.

Company names like Midas imply mufflers. They are brand names. Most painting contractors are not brand names.

This means the consumer has to figure out what's in it for her. Why not put what she wants upfront? Make it easier for her to choose you.

In a competitive market this is a way to stand out. Show what makes you special. Prospects want to know.

Success begets more success. Perhaps a shift in your ad design may increase your call ratio. Ask your rep. It's easy to do. See what happens.

Bill

Peace, Love & Prosperity

·
Ohio Painting Contractor
275 Posts
Well we do have one of the only full pagers in the book. They suckered me into a full page because they said in order to get in the book I had to out bid the half pager (compition) we are the only painter in there. We havent advertised with this company before Your New Home Magazine. http://www.bestmoves.com/cleveland.html

Spent $900 on the page just came out a few das ago. Hopefully we can land a job or two, if not no biggy I guess... good to brand and advertise anyway. I forget the stats something like 10,000 books to over 200 realestate offices and agents around are area.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts