·
Registered
11,338 Posts
Reactions: finishesbykevyn

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I find it adorable when old people don't understand the difference between climate and weather.

I really hope you were not referring to me. Most "old people" have a better understanding between the two than many younger folks, we tend to read more hard science books and, in fact, read more books generally. A big plus for us is we have had a lot more time to read a lot more books. What I read in that post is immature arrogance.

·
Super Moderator
Journeyman Painting Contractor
3,033 Posts
@finishesbykevyn Man, I hope you are on interiors this week! :vs_OMG: Snow at the end of June, that really is tough! "Coldest winter, summer in "Newfoundland".
I hope it warms up, quick!
Yes. What a bizarre year. Thankfully it didn't snow in St. John's. Central mostly. I've been holding off all exteriors, which is actually a blessing in disquise as I've been really busy..:wink:
In all honesty, Newfoundland is getting colder from the global warming. As more ice from Greenland melts, the colder the water stays and directly affects local weather..
More reason to focus mostly on interiors.:biggrin::vs_OMG::vs_coffee:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Yes. What a bizarre year. Thankfully it didn't snow in St. John's. Central mostly. I've been holding off all exteriors, which is actually a blessing in disquise as I've been really busy..:wink:
In all honesty, Newfoundland is getting colder from the global warming. As more ice from Greenland melts, the colder the water stays and directly affects local weather..
I dunno man, this morning they had some real evidence on Fox and Friends that Greenland doesn't actually exist.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Melting Greenland ice is a problem but there is more to come.There will be problems with cold in other regions as well, caused by a more volatile jet stream and the changing ocean conveyor belt. Weather every where will become less reliable as weather streams get "stuck". When odd cold weather arrives or sticks around to long many people think this refutes global warming but it is, in fact, proof of same!
https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn26278-crazy-weather-traced-to-arctics-impact-on-jet-stream/

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
I really hope you were not referring to me. Most "old people" have a better understanding between the two than many younger folks, we tend to read more hard science books and, in fact, read more books generally. A big plus for us is we have had a lot more time to read a lot more books. What I read in that post is immature arrogance.
He was referring to pacman, who quoted 'global warming,' and not climate change. Nothing to do with you. Im nt getting into the debate here, just saying that it wasnt about you.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I'm quoting you here because I'm responding to you. Use all that wonderful experience to re-read my previous post to see who I was talking to, please. PAC likes to insert snide little political comments because people aren't really supposed to respond, but like my boot camp instructor told me: "Sometimes you gotta call that baby ugly."

1 - 20 of 25 Posts