1,624 Posts
It sure looks like it has potential.
What made you get it?

·
PinheadsUnite
30,724 Posts
I buy and sell stuff
Ole, you're just the man to ask a quick question,

We're still shifting through my mother's stuff and came across some virgin official Colonial Williamsburg postcards. 24 so far. The 'rents went down there circa 1964. Also about 10 others of the replica ships that brought the first settlers and other colonial postcards.

Are there hoarders that would actually buy these for more than the cost and PITA to advert, sell, and ship ??

·
Banned
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ole, you're just the man to ask a quick question,

We're still shifting through my mother's stuff and came across some virgin official Colonial Williamsburg postcards. 24 so far. The 'rents went down there circa 1964. Also about 10 others of the replica ships that brought the first settlers and other colonial postcards.

Are there hoarders that would actually buy these for more than the cost and PITA to advert, sell, and ship ??
Short answer, YES. Let me do a quick search an see what I can dig up

·
Banned
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, throw those out lol....... But bill, it never hurts to look cause you never know. I just ran a quick eBay search an that stuff is $1.00 a piece etc etc.

·
PinheadsUnite
30,724 Posts
Ok, throw those out lol....... But bill, it never hurts to look cause you never know. I just ran a quick eBay search an that stuff is $1.00 a piece etc etc.
Thanks, I already did an ebay on them and was hoping you had some personal experience in your wanderings.

A buck-a-piece +/- doesn't make 'em worth the aggravation. Maybe I'll do a craig's list for $20 for all - THEY pick 'em up here.

Reactions: Ole34

·
Registered
5,097 Posts
Ole, There are like 7-8 incarnations of this lens. Not sure which one you have other than its an early one. The first generation has no real value. It was clunky and hard to focus. That is an incredibly fast lens for a focal length of 300mm (meaning it let's in a lot of light.. not related to auto focus). You would need a super fast and accurate auto focus at f2.8 which was the weak point of all but the latest versions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts