Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! old contractor here new the site and look forward to joining in on your posts etc. I've been a painter for almost 40 years and self-employed contractor for the last 27. Love what I do and look forward to going to work everyday, dislike holidays and other "forced" days off from my work. Learned the trade the old-fashioned way from my dad who was considered the master in these parts. When I was taught this trade a painter was expected to know how to paint interior and exterior with roller, brush and spray, how to sand and refinish floors, hang paper and fabrics, fill drywall and putty-coat plaster, and color-match paints using the old paint tint kit, how to mix stains to acheive color matches with other woods, etc. I came across this site while searching for confirmation on my idea to seal-in pet urine odors on plywood floors. Interesting site and good info from other painters!

·
PinheadsUnite
30,724 Posts
Welcome from another old dawg.

paperhanging only for me now. Started in the trade circa 1971 - self taught most of those items you mention (except spray, never go into that) but always had/have my ears open to others and their methods.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts