Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

241 - 260 of 719 Posts

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Jerry Lewis

I've always liked Jerry Lewis' comedy. I also thought that he tried too hard to be "cool". Which in and of itself was funny. I always felt he compensated for not being included in the likes of the Rat Pack given Dean Martin was, and Dean was such a huge partner of his during the 60's hay day of comedy.
CA, you got the timeline wrong for Martin and Lewis, they never made it into the 60's, they split up in 1956

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
I've always wondered about MDA abruptly cutting their ties with Jerry, well maybe it will come out now that he's passed. Then again maybe not.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
I thought that I may have got it wrong, but the 50's and early 60's have become a black and white blur to me. I figured there weren't many here who would notice.
Ah, if you remember Late Night with David Letterman on NBC, I'm like the guy under the seats, making you're life a living hell, always watching you!:vs_laugh:

·
Anonymous Tard
601 Posts
Saw an image today of an arab and Hef. It starts out something like if you die now you'll get 42 virgins. And in the bottom half it says that you had better hurry or there won't be any left... and then there is a picture of Hef.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Saw an image today of an arab and Hef. It starts out something like if you die now you'll get 42 virgins. And in the bottom half it says that you had better hurry or there won't be any left... and then there is a picture of Hef.
Someone Posted this quote on Reddit last night: "Hugh Hefner may be the only person we know that is not going to a better place..."

Took me a minute, then I almost fell out of my chair I was laughing so hard...of course then the reality of that statement set in and wondered where I had gone wrong in life...:sad:

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
It was a few weeks ago now, but RIP to country music singer Don Williams

When I was a youngster I would go to the local barber shop for haircuts. The barber would always have 40's-70's country music playing. If we sat very still and used good manners he would give us a can of soda after each haircut. I asked about the musicians that he would play and I especially took a liking too Don Williams. What a smooth singing voice! One day after a haircut he gave me a burnt cd copy of his Don Williams album. Man I miss that barber shop. I still have that cd and I listen to it when things get crazy and stressful.

Sorry for the novel lol. Meds have my sleep all jacked up and I'm bored.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,338 Posts
I'm familiar with his song Tulsa Time which has been covered by Leon Russell, Eric Clapton, JJ Kale and many others.
Tulsa Oklahoma is the cultural center of the universe. I lived there for 4 years. It is still the only place i have ever lived that i would go back to live in other than Ohio. Good city, good people. And the song is quite fitting for me. Except i left driving a Mazda pick-up hauling my Katana.

And i made it to California after Ohio instead of Arizona.

Reactions: Brushman4

·
Registered
11,338 Posts

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Tulsa Oklahoma is the cultural center of the universe. I lived there for 4 years. It is still the only place i have ever lived that i would go back to live in other than Ohio. Good city, good people. And the song is quite fitting for me. Except i left driving a Mazda pick-up hauling my Katana.

And i made it to California after Ohio instead of Arizona.
Have you ever been to Spain?

241 - 260 of 719 Posts