Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

21 - 40 of 719 Posts

·
very senior member
9,848 Posts
Dale Griffin, the drummer and co-founder of the British glam-rock band Mott the Hoople, died Sunday after a long battle with Alzheimer's disease. He was 67.

·
very senior member
9,848 Posts
Dallas Taylor, a rock ’n’ roll drummer who played behind David Crosby, Stephen Stills and Graham Nash, among other big names, and who overcame desperate addictions to drugs and alcohol to become a counselor for other addicts, died on Jan. 18 in Los Angeles. He was 66.

·
Retired Moderator
10,323 Posts
Back in 1987, I'm flying from Miami to Chicago. I get seated next to Glen Frey. I knew right off who he was, as did the flight attendants. He looked totally beat. As more and more of the seats filled, those around us would turn in their seats and stare at him. You just knew he wanted a non-eventful flight. Soon the murmuring increased along with the stares.

So I looked at him and said in a loud voice: "So Bob, how's the construction business?". He figured out what I was doing right away and played along. We spent the entire flight talking total bullsh!t about construction projects that didn't exist. Every chance I got, I referred to him as Bob, just loud enough so that everyone could hear. After awhile, the stares and murmurs stopped. We landed in Chicago, he shook my hand and said "Thanks, you have no idea how much I needed that."

A few years later he was on a talk show and referenced that flight.

·
Super Moderator
6,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Dallas Taylor, a rock ’n’ roll drummer who played behind David Crosby, Stephen Stills and Graham Nash, among other big names, and who overcame desperate addictions to drugs and alcohol to become a counselor for other addicts, died on Jan. 18 in Los Angeles. He was 66.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkaKwXddT_I
Just noticed this was Jan 18 of 2015.

·
Registered
11,338 Posts
Back in 1987, I'm flying from Miami to Chicago. I get seated next to Glen Frey. I knew right off who he was, as did the flight attendants. He looked totally beat. As more and more of the seats filled, those around us would turn in their seats and stare at him. You just knew he wanted a non-eventful flight. Soon the murmuring increased along with the stares.

So I looked at him and said in a loud voice: "So Bob, how's the construction business?". He figured out what I was doing right away and played along. We spent the entire flight talking total bullsh!t about construction projects that didn't exist. Every chance I got, I referred to him as Bob, just loud enough so that everyone could hear. After awhile, the stares and murmurs stopped. We landed in Chicago, he shook my hand and said "Thanks, you have no idea how much I needed that."

A few years later he was on a talk show and referenced that flight.
I was on a flight from Chicago Midway to San Diego with Rick Flair once. I think I was the only person on the plane who knew who he was though.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I was on a flight from Chicago Midway to San Diego with Rick Flair once. I think I was the only person on the plane who knew who he was though.

The Nature Boy--Rick Flair--custom made from head to toe.

When I was a youngster, the father of a friend of mine worked at the large arena in Birmingham. We could wear "usher" vests and attend many events free of charge. Rick was a big deal--back in the day. The most serious wrestling fans were the elderly women. Always "dentally challenged", always ringside and always redneck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 719 Posts