Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

481 - 500 of 719 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #482
Grumpy Cats real name was Tardar Sauce, and it was a female. I guess Grump Cat was worth 100 million dollars in 2015. Thats insane.

With the amount of merchandise on sale virtually everywhere I'm not surprised. Gotta wonder how long they're gonna keep that going. I'm gonna assume her death is gonna get folded into the marketing in some regard. Kind of cringe worthy, but I'm sure it's gonna happen.

·
Registered
14,969 Posts
Gotta love the internet. Has there ever been a better way to meet society's insatiable appetite for entertainment? And has there ever been an easier way to generate income than posting the stupidest things on youtube? I mean, I get the people out there who are making well deserved ad monies on instructional, educational and technical videos, but a mutant cat and a snot nosed kid opening presents bringing in millions?

Cult trends are the scourge .

Speaking of cults, I've been watching the last season of GOT. Entertaining, albeit just a modern twist on Tolkin's Lord of the Rings. What's telling though about this series, is the viewers and society's rush in general, to pursue the latest trends, fashions and opportunity to belong. For example, the character known as Calesee, or something like, that has been presented as the ultimate female heroine and no doubt a role model for women in this climate of the "Me Too" movement. However, the funny thing is, parents have been naming their children after the series characters. Especially, Calesee.

(Spoiler Alert) Bottom line, parents jumped the gun naming their offspring after a television character they thought possessed virtue and integrity because basically, Calesee turns from a noble leader against tyranny, to a tyrannical psychopath that finds it necessary to incinerate innocent women and children. Oops mom and dad. lol.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Gotta love the internet. Has there ever been a better way to meet society's insatiable appetite for entertainment? And has there ever been an easier way to generate income than posting the stupidest things on youtube? I mean, I get the people out there who are making well deserved ad monies on instructional, educational and technical videos, but a mutant cat and a snot nosed kid opening presents bringing in millions?

Cult trends are the scourge .

Speaking of cults, I've been watching the last season of GOT. Entertaining, albeit just a modern twist on Tolkin's Lord of the Rings. What's telling though about this series, is the viewers and society's rush in general, to pursue the latest trends, fashions and opportunity to belong. For example, the character known as Calesee, or something like, that has been presented as the ultimate female heroine and no doubt a role model for women in this climate of the "Me Too" movement. However, the funny thing is, parents have been naming their children after the series characters. Especially, Calesee.

(Spoiler Alert) Bottom line, parents jumped the gun naming their offspring after a television character they thought possessed virtue and integrity because basically, Calesee turns from a noble leader against tyranny, to a tyrannical psychopath that finds it necessary to incinerate innocent women and children. Oops mom and dad. lol.
You can hate on Calesse all you want, she still has the coolest dragons ever!

·
Registered
14,969 Posts
You can hate on Calesse all you want, she still has the coolest dragons ever!
I have no idea whose to become ruler of the Realm now that Calesee's gone insane. Not a real leadership quality in my opinion.

Jon Snow has no desire to rule even though he is by rights the heir to the throne. So screw him.

Arya demonstrated strength and compassion amidst Calesee's Scorched Earth policy, but seems more inclined to be a humble, albeit smelly, nomad rather than a ruler.

Tyrion is smart but drinks way too much to gain confidence among the populace

Bronn is too greedy

So basically, that leaves Sensa who thinks she deserves the throne but seems to have done nothing to earn it.

The only thing to end this series with any dignity and moral lesson, is to have a giant meteor smash into the World and destroy the realm, reminding us that at the end of the day, power is just an illusion

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
I have no idea whose to become ruler of the Realm now that Calesee's gone insane. Not a real leadership quality in my opinion.

Jon Snow has no desire to rule even though he is by rights the heir to the throne. So screw him.

Arya demonstrated strength and compassion amidst Calesee's Scorched Earth policy, but seems more inclined to be a humble, albeit smelly, nomad rather than a ruler.

Bronn is too greedy

So basically, that leaves Sensa who thinks she deserves the throne but seems to have done nothing to earn it.

The only thing to end this series with any dignity and moral lesson, is to have a giant meteor smash into the World and destroy the realm, reminding us that at the end of the day, power is just an illusion
I would like to see Arya Stark sit on the Iron Throne, I seriously doubt that will happen but she has been through a lot and is the most benevolent of the main characters and is after all the daughter of the Great Ned Stark.

As a side note, the actor Rory McCann who plays Sandor Clegane was at one time a bridge painter in Scotland. https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0564920/?ref_=nmls_hd

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I watched a couple of episodes on video several years ago but it never sparked my interest. Plus I don't have hbo.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I watched a couple of episodes on video several years ago but it never sparked my interest. Plus I don't have hbo.
I watched about 5 minutes last year. Just not into dragons, I guess. I did enjoy reading about the scene with the Starbucks coffee cup in it and all the angry fans demanding a do-over on the final season!

·
Registered
4,253 Posts

Bronn is too greedy

Jon kills Danny reluctantly because she’s become a tyrant. Jon moves north of the wall to be with Tormund and Ghost.
Tyrion gets burned alive by Danny before her death, effectively ending the Lannister blood line.
The Realm splits into a republic governed by local rulers. Sansa in the north, the unnamed Dornish prince in the Dorn. Gendry at Storms end, Yara in the iron islands, etc..
The Iron Throne is destroyed.

Just thought I would through my predictions out there 2 1/2 hours before the final episode.

And to the spirit of the thread, RIP the awesome plot line of GOT ever since the writers split from established material in the books and started making up their own stuff.

I am still enjoying it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,969 Posts
Ha! Turns out you were right. I was right too, a little bit anyway. RIP Danerys!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Spoiler Alert!

It was like you wrote the script!

Danaery had to go, and you called the way it would happen.

And Sensa? What an egomaniac. She had to be ruler of her own little fifedom. Despite her concern, her army would have taken the knee for Bran.

Jon's got to be the most disappointing character. Had he just honored his legacy and became King, him and Calesee would be flying around on their Dragons.

Tyrion made out pretty well after all. Who'd a thought. *cling*

And lastly, I hope Arya packed some deodorant.

Maybe the message is, when given the opportunity, take it.

I'm glad it's over.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Spoiler Alert!

It was like you wrote the script!

Danaery had to go, and you called the way it would happen.

And Sensa? What an egomaniac. She had to be ruler of her own little fifedom. Despite her concern, her army would have taken the knee for Bran.

Jon's got to be the most disappointing character. Had he just honored his legacy and became King, him and Calesee would be flying around on their Dragons.

Tyrion made out pretty well after all. Who'd a thought. *cling*

And lastly, I hope Arya packed some deodorant.

Maybe the message is, when given the opportunity, take it.

I'm glad it's over.
You say your glad it's over, but is it? https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikawsmith/2019/01/14/game-of-thrones-prequel/#32bf62064099

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Im upset that at the end of that boring ass episode, the camera didnt fade to Dany Turning into the new Night Queen with three undead dragons coming forth, and raising an army of the dead. It should have had SOME kind of messed up ending.

·
Administrator
19,583 Posts
Reactions: CApainter
481 - 500 of 719 Posts